Iji 1.7

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Iji
  3. Iji 1.7

User Info: ninja10130

ninja10130
2 months ago#11
Oh cool, I found the top secret options menu.

User Info: IkazuCirno

IkazuCirno
2 months ago#12
Taking out Proxima without the electricity, for the Supercharge might be easier now? With the higher damage?

Yes and no, considering that Assimilate was nerfed to hell.
Genocide is fun, as long as death is cheap. About "7% of your money on the moment of death" cheap.

User Info: Malady

Malady
2 months ago#13
ninja10130 posted...
Oh cool, I found the top secret options menu.

... What is that??

Interesting how Dan sorta doesn't his dialogue in Sector 2 if you've seen the terminal you need to hack to get past the high-level door... Well, it's something only New Game+ people would notice, and you have to not pass the elevator first... *shrugs*

... Get the Ribbon, get the Supercharge... Crack Everyone... I can do it...

... Reboots make me soo vulnerable! :lol: Planning Fail! ... Trying to Crack everyone is a bad plan. Fun tho. Annoying having to wait for scouts to get out of my way 'cause their Fields are still active so I can't just walk past them.

Interesting that cracked Soldiers can still shoot me. Well, having them blow themselves up is a fair trade.

... So hard to see all the opening images! *sigh* ... No, wait, there's only 2... I thought there were 3...
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: ninja10130

ninja10130
2 months ago#14
To find it, you need to get to sector Y, read all the logs, input the code on the main menu, and defeat the spacenord armada with your missile pony, and then it will show you the password for the top secret options.

User Info: Ultimortal

Ultimortal
2 months ago#15
Cool to see you found the secret options so quickly. :)

About Assimilate and Attack, it seems most people (including me) used them as dump stats before, and the late-game enemies have a lot of HP. So Assimilate was nerfed in order to hopefully make it a more important stat to upgrade beyond level 3, and Attack was made a lot more viable. I don't worry about genocide runs being too easy for those who have played the game before, really - I recall thinking while making the earlier versions that it was supposed to be the easier alternative (but facetanking is easy too).

I didn't want to touch the Health stat for fear of the Ultimortal difficulty becoming any harder, considering you unlock things when you beat it. Mainly my goal for 1.7 was "good enough" - the game already had design problems that were too difficult to fix without remaking large parts of it, so I tried to alleviate things a bit instead with stuff like the passive weapons. The horrible cutscene pictures were also updated so they'd be "good enough" rather than spending months on redoing them properly with my current skills.

One thing I definitely wanted to improve was to give some hints towards the game's most obscure secrets, which didn't have hints before. A player who explores and reads everything is now gradually led towards the final secret instead of some of the steps being far too cryptic.

Basically, while I don't think very highly of this game compared to my newer ones, it still means a lot to me and I wanted to put proper effort into the update, but it does mean that not everyone will like all the changes (partly why 1.6 will remain available on my homepage). But I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless, and thanks for playing it!
Original freeware games and more: http://www.remar.se/daniel

User Info: Malady

Malady
2 months ago#16
Ultimortal posted...
Basically, while I don't think very highly of this game compared to my newer ones, it still means a lot to me and I wanted to put proper effort into the update, but it does mean that not everyone will like all the changes (partly why 1.6 will remain available on my homepage). But I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless, and thanks for playing it!

Well, if you think there are problems, I guess there are some... But, this is the only game I remember that has a takedown mechanic like cracking, where you can sabotage enemies without being a murderer... At least according to the game.

Well, that's the (unique?) mechanic that makes Iji fun, for me! Also the dialogue! The poking conversation... Oh that's awesome! lol.

And the Passive Weapons! Soo many! Haven't tried them all, but the idea is great!

... *Wonders what the hidden options are... Toggleable Null Driver?* ... Well, I'll find out when I find it! Eee!
(edited 2 months ago)

Ultimortal
2 months ago#17
In this game, even without the reflector, you can be the most "technical pacifist" ever. :p

Crud, should've thought of adding the Nul driver to the secret options...

User Info: Nishi199

Nishi199
2 months ago#18
After all those years, Iji got an update, and such a major one... This is one of the best days ever. IT's my childhood game kinda and I can't tell you how many hours I've spent on it. And I'm gonna spend even more of them on that new version now. Thank you ^^

User Info: lokohryu

lokohryu
1 month ago#19
Posting this here for lack of a better idea of where to put it; I'm having sound bugs, specifically there's a loud crack every time a BGM starts up. I think they also may not be looping, though I only noticed it once. I recall having similar problems back when I originally played Iji some unknown amount of years ago, but I think I found a solution back then that I either can't find now or is no longer applicable due to newer operating system/sound card/ etc.

After trying both the normal soundtrack and then the HQ soundtrack along with fiddling with a variety of settings and audio outputs to no avail, I tried the alternative soundtrack supplied on this forum (here https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/604978-iji/69515898) and found that there were no issues with either looping or the initial audio cracking.

Dunno if Daniel is aware of this issue, apologies if it's already known. If it helps any my OS is windows 7 and I've had the audio issues through both my HT Omega Striker soundcard and my mobo's onboard audio.

Ultimortal
1 month ago#20
I know about the issue, but I've no idea what causes it. It depends on the computer it seems. It's a mystery what Game Maker 7.0 does with its sound playback...
  1. Boards
  2. Iji
  3. Iji 1.7

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.