Iji 1.7

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Iji
  3. Iji 1.7

User Info: IkazuCirno

IkazuCirno
4 months ago#21
I got a few questions I wanted to ask.
First: Is there a in-universe name for non-preloader nanoweapons?
Second: If I somehow manage to find anything crackable in secret difficulty, does "Nuclear Cracking Penalties" even do anything?
Genocide is fun, as long as death is cheap. About "7% of your money on the moment of death" cheap.

User Info: Puffolotti

Puffolotti
4 months ago#22
IzakuCirno Dixit
Just dropping in to say that scout's shaking fist at player is a nice touch.

How can the player trigger that action?
I didn't see such a thing happen, but since i'm drawing new cels and animations for modders (Emulating classic style and in an original style, that i named "wrong fortune cookie.") i wish to see this animation. I'm going to draw tasen scouts stumbling and facepalming today, and perhaps 1 airborne stomp for Iji

User Info: Kaelin

Kaelin
4 months ago#23
You can either Crack their nanofield or (later on) get them into an encounter with a Komato Berserker.

Puffolotti
4 months ago#24
Kaelin posted...
You can either Crack their nanofield or (later on) get them into an encounter with a Komato Berserker.

I don't think i can do any better, but tomorrow i'll try. A couple classic poses, such as he shrugs while covering his chin with the weapon, as if he was hugging a teddybear, or looks away and shoves his hand forward like "talk with the hand"

Uhm... for sure it can't run away, because such foes aren't supposed to move that much.

By the way, yesterday i tried to do a Tasen soldier that surrenders. I hope i don't overstep my welcome here by linking the page of my gallery.
I'm not doing this for money or for love, but to encourage young people or modders in general who can code but can't draw. http://puffolotti4iji.deviantart.com/art/Tasen-Soldier-Surrender-2-674803557
There is no victory, there is no defeat. there is only work to do.

User Info: Malady

Malady
4 months ago#25
Puffolotti posted...
I'm not doing this for money or for love, but to encourage young people or modders in general who can code but can't draw. http://puffolotti4iji.deviantart.com/art/Tasen-Soldier-Surrender-2-674803557

Dang... That's nice. ... Am I too lazy to download Game Maker to see if the trial version will allow me to edit Iji? Well, currently yes, 'cause it's too late where I am...

Puffolotti
4 months ago#26
Thank you everyone. I never cracked people in gameplay, could have passed months or years before i finded that by myself.

Done.

http://orig07.deviantart.net/f1f4/f/2017/105/f/c/_classic__tasen_scout_scared_friendly_by_puffolotti4iji-db5w0k4.gif

here is where i'll put the classic sprites for modders.
http://puffolotti4iji.deviantart.com/gallery/62712386/classic-sprites-for-Iji-modding

Sorry for the intermission, and thank you for your patience. I'll talk about my project in some more appropriate places in future.

User Info: dcco

dcco
4 months ago#27
Wow, I can't believe the GM7 port really happened. I always remember reading about how complicated it would be.

Also, since I don't have a chance to play atm, in what sense are the passive weapons "pacifist" right now? Sounds interesting.

Although I think Iji is certainly very rough in terms of design, and I didn't like it all that much on my first playthrough, on subsequent playthroughs I think I really grew an appreciation for it. It has a lot of interesting ideas. The weapons + combat and the various stat loadouts are all so interesting and varied, and I think it makes the gameplay unique compared to other games. I think if a new game were to be made that polished up the mechanics / balance it could seriously be a masterpiece.

User Info: Malady

Malady
4 months ago#28
dcco posted...
Also, since I don't have a chance to play atm, in what sense are the passive weapons "pacifist" right now? Sounds interesting.

You can't kill anyone with them, no matter how hard you try.

Puffolotti
3 months ago#29
@ Malady

Buh, it looks like there is no legal mean to obtain GM7 pro.

I'll try and convert manually for game maker studio.
I can swap the sprites in game maker studio 7 lite quite easily, but i have no means to know if the saved file retains the features that aren't activated in the lite version.

In the worst case scenario (the gm7 file can't be ported on game studio) i'll remake the sprites for doom II and MUGEN, altough Iji's storyline doesn't make any sense in MUGEN's engine.

Well, i don't have an animation that applies to Tasen or Komato's skeleton yet, but changing the concept of nano-gun with some nano-control, just like the black spiderman, i think it could be ported for it. Ok, you win i'll provide DOOMII and MUGEN cover sprites as well.
gimme 5 minutes...
http://puffolotti4iji.deviantart.com/art/Mugen-Build-1-8-676618850

Now... I apologize again, i'll talk about the project in a new thread as soon as i'll have both spritesets (facing left and facing right) for every organic foe in the game.
BTW... Annihilators are supposed to be organic or oleodynamic? i should redraw them in both cases, but should i draw them as machine or as animals?

User Info: Ultimortal

Ultimortal
3 months ago#30
Looks like you've got a very ambitious mod going on! As for Annihilators, it's kinda vague what they really are. The exoskeleton appears to have Komato flesh on the arms and neck, but they still require a pilot, many of whom cannot survive outside of the exoskeleton.
Original freeware games and more: http://www.remar.se/daniel
  1. Boards
  2. Iji
  3. Iji 1.7

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived