This is a Borderlands ripoff, and a jab at western gamers by Square Enix.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gun Loco
  3. This is a Borderlands ripoff, and a jab at western gamers by Square Enix.

User Info: Blk_Mage_Ctype

Blk_Mage_Ctype
7 years ago#1
SE is clearly making this as a jab at western gamers, it's a reflection of their motif on what western gamers want, and you shouldn't buy it.

Square Enix is an elitist Japanese company who looks down on western developers and western gamers alike.
Now you may say, "LOL wut? I've only seen them make nice comments about Western Developers and Games." But if you actually read said articles where they praise or give a nod to western games, there's always a little jab thrown in somewhere.

It seems to me that this whole game is nothing but an ignorant jab at western games and the players who enjoy them.

You may think I'm crazy, but mark my words, if this game sells well in North America, Square Enix will have something ignorant to say about it.
I imagine Bethesda's Quality Testing Department a big, dusty room filled with cobwebs, and a chimp wearing a Fez banging on the keyboard of a single computer...

User Info: ImJosh101

ImJosh101
7 years ago#2
Seems pointless to me. and also: who cares?

User Info: Sayoria

Sayoria
7 years ago#3
All they want are MW2 sales on ALL their games. They even saw FF13 as a flop for God knows why.

User Info: kcooper_007

kcooper_007
6 years ago#4

LOL wut

Yeah. I went there. :3

User Info: killer_smurf

killer_smurf
6 years ago#5
how is this a borderlands rip off if it isn't in a wasteland and is a TPS?

User Info: SengokuNoMaou

SengokuNoMaou
6 years ago#6

All they want are MW2 sales on ALL their games. They even saw FF13 as a flop for God knows why.

To be fair, XIII was awful.
The blood of the forest is beholden to no one.
http://i43.tinypic.com/2cnty5s.png

User Info: HibikiRush

HibikiRush
6 years ago#7
I wouldn't say it's a Borderlands rip-off. But it does seem to be a Japanese take on what they think westerners want. Which the majority probably do like this kind of stuff, me I'm personally uninterested. Give me something like Outtrigger and I'll enjoy it. I guess all games now need to have bloodshed along with stabbing guys in the crotch? Ugh. Whatever

User Info: Sayoria

Sayoria
6 years ago#8
"To be fair, XIII was awful."

I know this, but I mean in sales. The sales numbers were great. It isn't the game they thought was awful, they thought the numbers were. Needless to say, every FF from here on, won't be getting THAT many sales again.
  1. Boards
  2. Gun Loco
  3. This is a Borderlands ripoff, and a jab at western gamers by Square Enix.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived