You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
Specifically though, I meant like.. is there anywhere that advises decent builds, what abilities to unlock over others to make the hero powerful and not waste ability points..? Kind of like something akin to talent builds in WoW.
- Reinforcements , since their magic power sucks they are better off using this skill to conserve creatures. Use it on the creature that will be hit the most such as unlimited retal units, healers and strong ranged units. Less important for Necro due to racial ability
- Archery (up to level 2), Haven gets the least mileage out of this but its still useful to get if you can line up shots with your Marksmen. All the others get increased damage each time they shoot so it adds up in a long siege battle. Not sure if it works with Sanctuary units as their ranged do magic damage
- Counterstrike (up to level 3), basically means you have first strike on a retal for the 1st 2 turns, thereby reducing the enemy creature count and the damage they will do
- A heal spell such as Heal, Life Drain, Regeneration. Inferno gets the short end of the stick because heal doesn't work on their units and they cannot learn life drain
- A summon spell, preferably earth elementals who have rather high defense and a innate regen skill. Use it to block ranged creatures and to lure hits onto it
- Teleport, just too good with some creatures out there. A Fate Weaver being teleported into a surrounded position is just very very gay with her special ability
For generic realm skills such as Architect, put it on a sub hero who does his/her rounds collecting stuff, though I recommend all heroes to have Logistics.