How to Defeat King on Hard Difficulty (Arcade Mode)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Virtua Tennis 4
  3. How to Defeat King on Hard Difficulty (Arcade Mode)

User Info: NSYNC

NSYNC
6 years ago#1
Pick Nadal (Strong Defense) and just hit towards King's forehand (left side of the screen). Once your "Power Shot" is fully charged, hit a crosscourt winner. Just beat him 2-0, 40 Love on hard using this method.

User Info: SMT_Masochist

SMT_Masochist
6 years ago#2
How does he come out. I beat hard and faced courier 3 times.
Games: Yakuza 4, DW7, SWC, MK

NSYNC
6 years ago#3
There's theories on why he doesn't appear, but I think it has to do with how fast you complete Arcade Mode (look at the timeclock during matches). I got faster each time. He showed up the fifth time I played. I unlocked Duke on my third attempt. Beat King in 3 minutes once I faced him with this strategy. Check PS3trophies.org for theories. They got a good 4 page discussion there just on this issue.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/virtua-tennis-4/104266-how-do-you-play-against-king.html

SMT_Masochist
6 years ago#4
Thanks for the info. One last question: does it have to be on hard or can I get by on easy.

NSYNC
6 years ago#5
People have said they got King to show up on every difficulty. It's a guessing game right now.

SMT_Masochist
6 years ago#6
Well I beat easy without losing a point and Duke showed up. I beat normal and lost a point and courier showed up so maybe it has something to do with that.
  1. Boards
  2. Virtua Tennis 4
  3. How to Defeat King on Hard Difficulty (Arcade Mode)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived