Questions about skill gem quality

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Questions about skill gem quality

User Info: ElStaabo

ElStaabo
4 years ago#1
Apologies if this is already on here somwhere....I did a quick search and didn't find anything. Board's kinda slow anyways, so I didn't figure anyone would mind.....

With skill gems having +quality, how high can that number go? Is there a cap?

And how much does that added quality add to the value of a gem? Are there certain gems that have their value increased a huge amount with +quality?

Finally, I have a +10% shock nova gem, which to me seems like it should be pretty good. Any value to that bad boy?

Thanks in advance for the info everyone!

User Info: scph9002ster

scph9002ster
4 years ago#2
20 cap, 1 per gcp usage.

Do not use gcp's to upgrade gems unless the gem got like 19% already.
2500k @ 4.5ghz | Asus 7970 @ 1125/1575 | 8gb Ripjawsx @ 2133 cl9 | P8Z68 V Pro/Gen3 | Vertex 3 120gb max iops ed ssd

User Info: GuiltyChippX

GuiltyChippX
4 years ago#3
What good are GCPs if you aren't going to use em? I found some skill gems that have really great quality bonuses and use GCPs on those
DREAMCAST FOREVER SEGA FOR ETERNITY

User Info: HydroCannabinol

HydroCannabinol
4 years ago#4
GuiltyChippX posted...
What good are GCPs if you aren't going to use em? I found some skill gems that have really great quality bonuses and use GCPs on those

GCPs are worth a ton in trade.
PSN: Mind Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil

User Info: 5171522

4 years ago#5

Because people like to use them.
Not.

User Info: EnjoyMe

EnjoyMe
4 years ago#6
5171522 posted...

Because people like to use them.

...not really. They have a lower drop rate and they are much more difficult to obtain compared to Chaos orbs.

Using a GCP to upgrade a gem is a terrible decision unless you're rolling in cash, and have an 18% gem already or something.
[E[]V[]e *also responds to Santana*

User Info: GuiltyChippX

GuiltyChippX
4 years ago#7
EnjoyMe posted...
Using a GCP to upgrade a gem is a terrible decision unless you're rolling in cash, and have an 18% gem already or something.

Seeing that there is no cash in the game, GCP are worthless unless you do use em. I certainly hope gamers aren't hoarding them for no reason whatsoever. I have gems to level, I could use em.
DREAMCAST FOREVER SEGA FOR ETERNITY

User Info: spartanreborn1

spartanreborn1
4 years ago#8
It's really more an endgame usage of the item.
http://www.last.fm/user/spartanreborn

User Info: Procz

Procz
4 years ago#9
EnjoyMe posted...

This, you can trade just 1 gcp for most gems up to 10%-15% quality.
Go to work, get married, have kids, pay taxes, pay bills, watch TV, follow fashion, act normal, obey the law, and repeat after me...I am 'free.'

User Info: Axelea

Axelea
4 years ago#10
Here's the logic behind it.

Gems can drop with ~15%(not sure of the exact max value) quality. However, they do not (not 100% sure, but i have never seen one) or VERY rarely drop with a 20% quality. GCPs are mostly used to upgrade the gems with a quality of ~15% since why waste it on a 0% when 15% gems drop?
Whenever a noob picks Anivia, a kitten dies.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Questions about skill gem quality

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived