Why no fire witch builds?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Why no fire witch builds?

User Info: Moblob

Moblob
4 years ago#1
All I'm seeing is mostly ice builds. I haven't picked any special one element, I'm just getting crits and mana and spell damage. I like the ice spells but I really like fire storm.

Moblob
4 years ago#2
And will a witch build work without picking a specific element?

User Info: VooDism

VooDism
4 years ago#3
Anything and everything works if you are smart about it.

Don't mind the sheeple.

User Info: QCF_HP

QCF_HP
4 years ago#4
Fire damage is pretty underwhelming, especially when comparing the ignite status effect to freezing or shock stacking.

Not to say it's impossible to make a decent fire caster build, it just doesn't really have as much potential.
PSN ~ Soiarfall
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JahIthBer-1171/hero/1026961

User Info: VooDism

VooDism
4 years ago#5
QCF_HP posted...
Fire damage is pretty underwhelming, especially when comparing the ignite status effect to freezing or shock stacking.

Not to say it's impossible to make a decent fire caster build, it just doesn't really have as much potential.

What do you mean doesn't have potental?

Friend of mine uses a pure fire/caster build and melts everything in seconds even on high lvl maps.

Looked like alot of fun.

User Info: Ryyaann_Is_Band

Ryyaann_Is_Band
4 years ago#6
Its general consensus that at endgame, Fire damage is a little weaker than Ice and Lightning mainly because Fire can't stack and Burning effect is a little weak compared to Chaos DoT damage.

With that being said, there are still a bunch of Fire builds. There's one that uses Righteous Fire + Maxed Fire Res + certain Shield, etc.

Also, there's a new Fire totem skill coming out later this week that creates a fire between you and the totem which is amazing for my Witch in the making.

She's going to be a Double Curse Dual Totem CI Summoner. Originally had planned that one totem would be Incinerate + LMP + X and the other totem to be Firestorm + Faster Cast + Conc Effect. However, my new plan is to have two of those new Fire totems coming out while my minions beat the s*** out of enemies/taking aggro.
Ryyaann is banned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193

User Info: scph9002ster

scph9002ster
4 years ago#7
I'd say having a elemental proliferation in your fireball link would make it more then viable.

The sickest build I've seen was a lowlife duo totem build stacking MORE dmg multipliers from keystones and righteous fire and specced for duo totem.

He used 1 4linked arc totem to dps a little but mostly to shock stack and spread shock stacks with ele prolif, his second totem was a fire ball with ele prolif and when that fireball crits on a shockstacked mob it crits for 120% more dmg and is spread to surrounding mobs that also are shock stacked which increases burn dmg by another 120% more dmg.

So you basically get 120% more burn dmg that is multiplicated with another 120% dmg when it spreads....
2500k @ 4.5ghz | Asus 7970 @ 1125/1575 | 8gb Ripjawsx @ 2133 cl9 | P8Z68 V Pro/Gen3 | Vertex 3 120gb max iops ed ssd

Moblob
4 years ago#8
Well i'm currently concentrating on crits, crit multiplier, spell damage, and mana. At what point do i have to pick a element to specialize?

Moblob
4 years ago#9
I did the practice tree and can map a bunch of crit chance % and crit multiplier. Is there a point where the added crits don't help or just no one has tried all crits and no elemental specialty

User Info: NairbMalk

NairbMalk
4 years ago#10
Im trying to make a Necro (lots of summons and curses...think D2 necro)...is that possible?

I was looking at the skill tree and only saw 1 little bubble for summons and everything was for an element so i dont know if i can make one?
Game Collection: http://users.ign.com/collection/Nairb_Malk
  1. Boards
  2. Path of Exile
  3. Why no fire witch builds?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived