tips for alchemical lab (insane)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dungeon Defenders
  3. tips for alchemical lab (insane)

User Info: trakaar

trakaar
4 years ago#1
I'm looking for tips beating alchemical laboratory on insane. I've got a now 58 squire who is mainly tower build.

on all other difficulties I set up boundaries away from the center except for one lone slash turret next to Crystal.

all other difficulties he gets bashed pretty quickly, but insane he destroys my turret and I can't seem to live long enough to get him under 400 k.

it's it possible solo, am I just under geared or out of my league?

User Info: CNyceNC

CNyceNC
4 years ago#2
trakaar posted...
I'm looking for tips beating alchemical laboratory on insane. I've got a now 58 squire who is mainly tower build.

on all other difficulties I set up boundaries away from the center except for one lone slash turret next to Crystal.

all other difficulties he gets bashed pretty quickly, but insane he destroys my turret and I can't seem to live long enough to get him under 400 k.

it's it possible solo, am I just under geared or out of my league?

It is very possible to do this solo. May I ask if you have any other character created other than this Tower Squire? If you do, such as a DPS Huntress, then it should be a breeze if your Towers are strong enough. With the right build, you can set up everything with your Tower Squire and then switch to another character (example; DPS Huntress) and go at the boss. However, if you're doing this to get the Malificers Rapier weapon for the Squire then that is understandable.

I personally have a setup where I use 4 Blockades on each side of the doors on the 'sides' (lower parts) with Bowling Ball Turrets at the top, facing the side doors, looking down. The Ball Turrets pretty much destroy anything coming out of those side doors and anyone who was stupid enough to survive that, definitely get killed when they reach the Blockades.

Up front, I use only 2 things (each side of course) and that is a Slice N Dice, and Harpoon Turret. This is just one of many setups I have for this level, but this is an all Squire setup. I have others that involve a Trap Huntress and Tower Monk, but either way, the setup keeps all the enemies occupied while I completely focus on the boos without worrying anyone breaking through.

However your setup may be, it could be perfectly fine. You just may need a stronger weapon, or perhaps better armor or a better pet that will boost your stats to defeat him.

If you ever want to play online, you are free to add me if you wish.
XBL GT: Supreme Entity --- PSN ID: Supreme_Entity
I Speak Without Sound, But My Word Is Law!

User Info: trakaar

trakaar
4 years ago#3
Thanks for the response. I actually played with you a bit last night. You were cleaning house. I was the lowly squire.

I may try to modify my setup. it's similar to what you describe, but I have a bouncer and two turrets at each top. this was because I was damaging the
boss so slow that my defenses were diminishing to nothing.

I only started a few weeks ago, so have the 58 tower squire and around a 20 dps huntress.
  1. Boards
  2. Dungeon Defenders
  3. tips for alchemical lab (insane)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived