Even the sales are not met, is it sure they won't make DmC2?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Even the sales are not met, is it sure they won't make DmC2?

User Info: rockman11_z

rockman11_z
4 years ago#1
Didn't Castlevania LOS got a sequel despite of the sales?
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)

User Info: InfiniteDemise

InfiniteDemise
4 years ago#2
Yea...but wasn't Mercury Steam contracted for a trilogy?
" Its said that God made the universe and wants everyone to praise him.... Talk about an egomaniac "

User Info: antking61

antking61
4 years ago#3
LoS got decent sales actually and they were contracted to make a trilogy from the start.

Nothing is saying we won't get DmC2 yet.
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!

User Info: vgman94

vgman94
4 years ago#4
This game needs a sequel. It shouldn't end like that. Darksiders shouldn't have ended with 2's ending or Prototype 2's ending, but we all know that good games' lives are cut short.

User Info: KeJo6

KeJo6
4 years ago#5
depends. capcom, despite what people would believe, do know that the franchise is popular (saying franchise as a whole, not just this game) so they'll more than likely make a sequel.

hell, namco still makes sequels to SoulCalibur, despite sales dropping with every new installment (partially their fault)
Do not delude yourself, wretched fool!
PSN: KeJo13

User Info: rockman11_z

rockman11_z
4 years ago#6
Oh I see. Is NT contracted to do another DmC?
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)

User Info: antking61

antking61
4 years ago#7
rockman11_z posted...
Oh I see. Is NT contracted to do another DmC?

Not as far as I know.
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!

User Info: QCTeamkill

QCTeamkill
4 years ago#8
NT is a small studio, and I believe they do fill the requirements for a tax refund from the British Gov (notice the union jack on Dante's arm) so yeah, Capcom would be cuhrazee to not let NT make sequels at 1 mil copies a pop while just sitting on their hands.

Doesn't mean Capcom shouldn't be working on DMC5 though.

User Info: InfiniteDemise

InfiniteDemise
4 years ago#9
KeJo6 posted...
depends. capcom, despite what people would believe, do know that the franchise is popular (saying franchise as a whole, not just this game) so they'll more than likely make a sequel.

hell, namco still makes sequels to SoulCalibur, despite sales dropping with every new installment (partially their fault)

Only partially? O_o. SC just kept degrading after SCIII. And SCV doesn't even feel like SC anymore, but a 3D game that stole mechanics from Street Fighter.
" Its said that God made the universe and wants everyone to praise him.... Talk about an egomaniac "

User Info: hoagie727

hoagie727
4 years ago#10
They may make it just because of the good reviews and being #1 on the charts.

People keep saying it is a failure if it doesn't sell like the old games but I don't agree.

There are way too many factors that have changed since then to compare them.

Also the ending teases a sequel big time.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Even the sales are not met, is it sure they won't make DmC2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived