DmC is repugnant, misogynistic: Feminist Frequency

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. DmC is repugnant, misogynistic: Feminist Frequency

User Info: Taizuku

Taizuku
4 years ago#11
How quick feminists seem to forget the 1000 male characters that die or are hurt in fiction per everyone 1 female.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4

User Info: zfair89

zfair89
4 years ago#12
I think the problem is that Anita is a purveyor of the worst kind of fluffy, hypercritical feminist deconstruction. Showing up certain problematic representations is not such an unworthy cause by itself but I think she does her ilk a disservice.

But I kind of want to see what Jim Sterling has to say about this.

User Info: smithkakarot

smithkakarot
4 years ago#13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU2dxMUp_QQ

DINGA DINGA DINGA DING, I'M A SUPERGIRL
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta

User Info: GreatTroySensei

GreatTroySensei
4 years ago#14
Taizuku posted...
How quick feminists seem to forget the 1000 male characters that die or are hurt in fiction per everyone 1 female.

They don't forget about them. They're called "THE MAIN CHARACTERS OF EVERYTHING." They're the ones who progress said fiction while women are reduced to background ta-tas, making them so angry that people like you discount them.
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.

User Info: megamatics

megamatics
4 years ago#15
Oh gawd...Anything but her attention whoring. Just ignore her people...
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics

User Info: Taizuku

Taizuku
4 years ago#16
GreatTroySensei posted...
Taizuku posted...

They don't forget about them. They're called "THE MAIN CHARACTERS OF EVERYTHING." They're the ones who progress said fiction while women are reduced to background ta-tas, making them so angry that people like you discount them.

Yeah, you're right. There are never any male characters in the background of anything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4

User Info: megamatics

megamatics
4 years ago#17
Taizuku posted...

So.

Why don't they write their own stories and set a trend instead of complaining about what other people are doing ?
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics

User Info: smithkakarot

smithkakarot
4 years ago#18
megamatics posted...
Taizuku posted...

So.

Why don't they write their own stories and set a trend instead of complaining about what other people are doing ?

Because that would make TOO much sense.
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta

User Info: Nep_tune

Nep_tune
4 years ago#19
"Feminists"

Not even once.
...You will be screaming: YES! YES! YES!
PSN: Shadow2790x --- "Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?"

User Info: bearded_moose

bearded_moose
4 years ago#20
Taizuku posted...

...typical

"it's the fault of men that there aren't more women writers to create fiction with female leads."

here's a thought... go work on your english major. take some writing classes. start a renaissance.
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
PirateSwordsman is my new favorite.1/18/13
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. DmC is repugnant, misogynistic: Feminist Frequency

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived