I'm really loving the game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. I'm really loving the game

User Info: happychappy654

happychappy654
4 years ago#1
Hey folks, not trying to start arguments or bash anyone. I just wanted to say that I'm really loving the game. There's something I can't quite put my finger on, but I can tell I'm going to become addicted.

I've got all the DMC games and I love all of them except for DMC2.

Could you guys let me know what you're not so fond of? I'm actually curious because I can understand perfectly as to why major changes in a large series can be recieved badly. Especially when an Eastern series is given to a Western developer - I was definitely concerned when this was announced.

So what elements do you dislike/hate?

User Info: Green_Puff

Green_Puff
4 years ago#2
One happy chap.
You will not forget this devils power!

User Info: GujinKami

GujinKami
4 years ago#3
For starters, there's a disney baseball game that's harder than it.
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i45.tinypic.com/34o99hk.jpg http://i49.tinypic.com/23j1t9z.gif

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
4 years ago#4
happychappy654 posted...
There's something I can't quite put my finger on, but I can tell I'm going to become addicted.

More focus on crowd control?

The past DMC has wide area attacks but they don't effect the surrounding enemies much.

Some area/multi-target attacks are also DT-dependent, like the DT explosion in DMC3 and Nero's Devil Snatch in DMC4 (the only way Nero can Snatch more than one enemy).
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".

User Info: Topkick1975

Topkick1975
4 years ago#5
I just played through the Barbas boss fight and the lillith nightclub level.

What NT's done is just gorgeous.

I was against the reboot, but this game is really good.

User Info: Jezzica7

Jezzica7
4 years ago#6
I really like this game as well. I love what they've done with the controls. They just flow, and I don't have to think about how to pull off a move, it's much more instinctive. The less time I have to spend thinking about how to do the moves, the better for me so I can pay more attention to other things.

Of course, I was never good enough to play through the harder difficulties on the previous games before.

I also like how the game seems to have a similar humor/flavor as the previous games in the beginning, but was sad when they seemed to lose it pretty quickly.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. I'm really loving the game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
DmC - Better or Bust?that_guy555110/12 6:33PM