Question for the new Dane/Story fans...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Question for the new Dane/Story fans...

User Info: KA_ME_HA_ME_HA

KA_ME_HA_ME_HA
4 years ago#11
DevilTears604 posted...
RetsuxD posted...
Not a side-story or an explanation of Nero's backstory.
9/10 it's okay, will buy once it gets to 20 bucks.

lol at a 9/10 game being only worth $20. Maybe that's what's wrong with the game industry.

I'm not sure, but he might be mocking reviewers today...

Like with DmC.

"It's got X flaws, X glitches, X is bad, and this isn't as good as X. 9/10 GOTY."
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

User Info: Mister_Zurkon

Mister_Zurkon
4 years ago#12
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
DevilTears604 posted...
RetsuxD posted...

lol at a 9/10 game being only worth $20. Maybe that's what's wrong with the game industry.

Like with DmC.

"It's got X flaws, X glitches, X is bad, and this isn't as good as X. 9/10 GOTY."

Best Jim Sterling Impression ever.
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

User Info: DevilTears604

DevilTears604
4 years ago#13
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
DevilTears604 posted...
RetsuxD posted...

Like with DmC.

The only thing I'm mocking is the idea that everyone thinks their personal opinion is universal truth. Also, it's the idea that a lot of gamers automatically equate 8/10 to being crap, 9/10 to being average, and 10/10 to being above average.

Reviewers are just people expressing their own personal views on a game. GameInformer and Resident Evil 6 is a good example. The guy reviewing it loved it, but the game got blasted by every other editor there.

Everyone's got theirs, but I love DmC. I've beaten it 4 times now. I'm enjoying it so much more than I enjoyed DMC4. That's just how I feel about it. It's definitely not perfect, and it's got its flaws, but I still like this game nonetheless.
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V

User Info: RetsuxD

RetsuxD
4 years ago#14
Journalists are supposed to be informed.
When nearly every DmC review began with a line about Donte's hair, that's where the journalist has failed.

DevilTears604
4 years ago#15
Oh and KA_ME_, I can already tell ya GTA5 will be GOTY. Bioshock may be a close runner-up. That's just the way everyone will see it.
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V

User Info: KA_ME_HA_ME_HA

KA_ME_HA_ME_HA
4 years ago#16
DevilTears604 posted...
Oh and KA_ME_, I can already tell ya GTA5 will be GOTY. Bioshock may be a close runner-up. That's just the way everyone will see it.

You never know. They might screw it up somehow. Nothing is impossible...
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

DevilTears604
4 years ago#17
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
DevilTears604 posted...

You never know. They might screw it up somehow. Nothing is impossible...

You're right, it ain't impossible. But Skyrim was a bunch of people's GOTY last year. It just seems destined to be that game, even before it or any of its competition comes out. I mean, I'm a Rockstar fan, and a GTA fan, and GTA5 looks like it's going to be a great game.

I never put much stock in GOTY's or awards like that. I like what I like. Skyrim was fine until Far Cry 3 came out. LOOVE Far Cry 3.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Question for the new Dane/Story fans...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived