So speaking of reboots, which Capcom IP do you think really needs a reboot?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. So speaking of reboots, which Capcom IP do you think really needs a reboot?

User Info: fallenangel2100

fallenangel2100
4 years ago#11
Megaman X maverick hunter series with more stuff NO AXEL lead into insanely awsome ZERO series with classic zero skin

Never cared for legends so I wasnt bumed when 3 got canned hell I dont accept any other MM after original rockman,X, and zero

User Info: ex-s_temjin

ex-s_temjin
4 years ago#12
Billysan posted...
Dino Crisis

The story was already pretty stupid. And we need more dinosaur games.

I want to see an actual continuation of the Onimusha storyline.

Dino Crisis doesn't need a reboot, all it needs is forgetting that Dino Crisis 3 ever happened. Seriously, still bummed that DC2 ended with a cliffhanger and they decided that it was a great idea to have zombie dinosaurs in space as the followup :/

but I second that Onimusha sequel starring grown up Jubei Jr.

User Info: ABadNuffDude

ABadNuffDude
4 years ago#13
I always thought RE4-6's (especially 6) style would work way better for Dino Crisis instead of RE but I wouldn't want it rebooted, just a continuation from after DC2.

Not really anything on your list I feel needs a reboot. S'pose they could safely reboot Strider though since Strider 2 itself was technically a reboot anyway (Grandmaster comes back to life 2000 years after the first with Hiryu being a "reincarnation" of the Hiryu in 1... yeah this is why I wouldn't have a problem with a reboot here lol).
Official Daigo Umehara of Hentai games.

User Info: Gray_Areas

Gray_Areas
4 years ago#14
Megaman has already had many "reboots," but I love Megaman SO much that I wish they would make more games similar to X. I'm in dire need of a good new side scroller. But a new Battle Network wouldn't be such a terrible thing either. :)

Megaman is by far one of my favorite series EVER and X is one of the coolest characters I've ever seen. I just need more to get my Mega-fix!
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480

User Info: KyonFumo

KyonFumo
4 years ago#15
Resi, definitely. The plot is a total incoherent mess right now and I don't think they have any idea where to take it.
No one cares about your computer specs.
PSN: flashfumoLIVE - Currently playing Devil May Cry 4.

User Info: dillpickle69

dillpickle69
4 years ago#16
I'm not voting RE because they're already probably getting a reboot, but MM and Dino Crisis really upset fans with their deaths, so I'll vote MM since it's more popular.
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg

User Info: SigmaHaciel

SigmaHaciel
4 years ago#17
Actual reboots?

Not one.

CV needed a "reboot" because Konami was too piss scared to do the 1999 era.

User Info: ReiderAsmadi

ReiderAsmadi
4 years ago#18
I'd offer somebody's soul for a Breath of Fire revival.

I really miss that series. :(
Gamertag: LordReider
Ambition is just a weak excuse for not having the sense to be lazy.

User Info: Sephivengeance9

Sephivengeance9
4 years ago#19
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Mister_Zurkon posted...
I'm not big on the idea of reboots, but I wouldn't mind a new RE4 styled Dino Crisis.

RE6 style Dino Crisis would fit its action theme more.

Just throw an Agent Hunt mode in there and that's my personal GotY, right there. *drools*
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3

User Info: ZeroX91

ZeroX91
4 years ago#20
Anyone who voted megaman is now on my ****list. >: O

Atleast it's plot makes sense, more than can be said for RE.
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4zPwRmSFA
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. So speaking of reboots, which Capcom IP do you think really needs a reboot?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived