The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

How would YOU redesign Dante to appeal to western audiences?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. How would YOU redesign Dante to appeal to western audiences?

User Info: syctheweilder

syctheweilder
4 years ago#101
Ok, sooooo devil trigger time?

I'm at a bit of a loss over how to tackle it, so i went and looked up some art related to the divine comedy and...uh, yikes?
(message deleted)

syctheweilder
4 years ago#103
The url was wrong and i couldn't edit the post anymore, so here is the correct image:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/c768cffb00d5a2de0d0303e900453297/tumblr_mipzo3gwof1s0u0wro1_r1_1280.jpg

Anyway yeah, Devil Trigger. I don't even know where to begin with this, so i figured i should just get something on paper, so to speak and just go from there.

Thoughts?

User Info: Orange00

Orange00
4 years ago#104
i think dmc3-style devil trigger would suit your style. So go look some shin megami designs :)

some sparda resemblance is important, you know the kind of insect devil look.
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!

syctheweilder
4 years ago#105
Orange00 posted...
. So go look some shin megami designs :)

That's where the digitech feet and finger-sword comes from actually.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090505121603/megamitensei/images/9/9f/DigitalDevilSaga-Varuna.jpg

Kazuma Kaneko is one of my greatest muses.

User Info: MaxMouse

MaxMouse
4 years ago#106
I would make him look like something off the anime bleach... :D

User Info: flamesaber111

flamesaber111
4 years ago#107
Great designs syctheweilder!
Manga that everyone should read: Fairy Tail, Getter Robo Go

User Info: yarou

yarou
4 years ago#108
You wanna appeal to the "western audience", the look won't matter, just take all his melee weapons, replace them with guns, make it a FPS, add multiplayer and done.

Oh and replace demons with zombies.
Call it: "DmC: Duty may Call."

Boom insta-hit, 13 yr olds everywhere will be screaming high-pitch profanities at everyone online before you know it.

If I recall correctly the reason this whole reboot thing was because the game wasn't selling as much as shooters anyways, right?

syctheweilder
4 years ago#109
So much cynicism in this thread... :(

Not that I'm not right there with you, but I like concept art more than calling out corporations on their BS.

Just curious, should I do Vergil and Mundus in the vein of my Dante designs as well?

User Info: SilentS89

SilentS89
4 years ago#110
syctheweilder posted...
Just curious, should I do Vergil and Mundus in the vein of my Dante designs as well?

Do eet!
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. How would YOU redesign Dante to appeal to western audiences?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived