My First DMC Game. Review.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. My First DMC Game. Review.

User Info: TMG2186

TMG2186
4 years ago#1
It's good. 8.5/10 for me.

Story is a bit confusing in the beginning but I've just completed the second mission and understand things a little better.

The gameplay is really fun, fast moving. Nice dialogue.

I think the 4/10 reviews are coming from biased people who are butthurt.

Also I played the MGR demo and could never get the hang of it. This game I like a lot better because of the variety of attacks and combos, I know what I'm doing.
PSN: chocob0-0f-doom

User Info: A_Nonny_Moose

A_Nonny_Moose
4 years ago#2
If you've only just finished chapter 2 it's a bit early to be reviewing don't you think?
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png

User Info: ScreamingMidget

ScreamingMidget
4 years ago#3
TMG2186 posted...

Story is a bit confusing in the beginning but I've just completed the second mission and understand things a little better.

Also I played the MGR demo and could never get the hang of it. This game I like a lot better because of the variety of attacks and combos, I know what I'm doing.

Showing your true intentions in the very first post is not how you successfully troll an online message board.

User Info: TMG2186

TMG2186
4 years ago#4
No. I got a feel for it, was impressed from the outset. If a game is good I think you can tell from pretty early on.

And anyway I just wanted to counter these 4/10 reviews. It's not a 4/10 game
PSN: chocob0-0f-doom

User Info: jayganaut

jayganaut
4 years ago#5
TMG2186 posted...
No. I got a feel for it, was impressed from the outset. If a game is good I think you can tell from pretty early on.

On a "true" scale 4/10 would be considered below average. A score many feel is a fair description of DmC.

User Info: A_Nonny_Moose

A_Nonny_Moose
4 years ago#6

Those reviews are coming from people who have played the other DMC games. Judged on the same scale, if the best DMC is a 10/10, then DmC is most definitely 4-5/10.
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png

User Info: Varuney

Varuney
4 years ago#7
So TC decided to review this game two missions in? You are a perfect example of what reviewers are, nowadays.
*Wubeth Intensifies*

User Info: Kyrylo

Kyrylo
4 years ago#8
ScreamingMidget posted...
TMG2186 posted...

Showing your true intentions in the very first post is not how you successfully troll an online message board.

User Info: UbberDevil

UbberDevil
4 years ago#9
Varuney posted...
So TC decided to review this game two missions in? You are a perfect example of what reviewers are, nowadays.

Indeed. The game seems fine at first but once you play it for a while, things start to get bad: stupid mini-cutscenes activate almost every time you grapple to a ledge, cutscenes always interrupting boss fights and enemy waves, forced running scenes or waiting scenes where you have to listen to Kate or Vergil talk with no way to skip, the 2 demon weapons have identical combos, dialogue gets worse, etc.

You can't judge a game fully just off of the first 2 levels. You can say "first impressions".
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2

User Info: RetsuxD

RetsuxD
4 years ago#10
UbberDevil posted...
Varuney posted...

Indeed. The game seems fine at first but once you play it for a while, things start to get bad: stupid mini-cutscenes activate almost every time you grapple to a ledge, cutscenes always interrupting boss fights and enemy waves, forced running scenes or waiting scenes where you have to listen to Kate or Vergil talk with no way to skip, the 2 demon weapons have identical combos, dialogue gets worse, etc.

You can't judge a game fully just off of the first 2 levels. You can say "first impressions".

Especially when the game goes downhill from the first 2 missions.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. My First DMC Game. Review.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived