Why can't people admit they like bad things?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Why can't people admit they like bad things?

User Info: FireMage7777

FireMage7777
4 years ago#1
Come on pros, enough mental gymnastics, just admit it. There's a few bad things I like but I have the ability to at least admit that they're bad objectively
"FlameBaiting is like Jc on DMC, it's smooth and takes skill. A DmC pro like you would never be able to pull it off" 5hadows

User Info: Pesmerga255

Pesmerga255
4 years ago#2
It's called blind fanboyism. They just can't admit that DmC deserves a 6/10 at the absolute best of times.
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!

User Info: TheSL1Club

TheSL1Club
4 years ago#3
DmC isn't one of those cult titles or like B movies with the statement 'it's so bad it's good'. It's just an average 5/10 game, nothing more, other worst games probably has more 'flavors' than DmC.

User Info: testament067

testament067
4 years ago#4
You two are amazing.

Turtles.
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKloH1AHrtg

User Info: JanneDaArc135

JanneDaArc135
4 years ago#5
The same reason why people can't admit they are wrong.
But its okay I like some bad games too. I LOVED Nier Replicant (Yes Replicant, I got it when I lived in Japan) and even though it's probably my favorite PS3 game a lot of people said it sucked.
The older rpg games will always be the best forever and ever.
@Janne: you're protoman- RockVolnuttX. PSN: janne-da-arc24.

User Info: Rising_shadow

Rising_shadow
4 years ago#6
Because people think liking a game is the same as thinking it's objectively awesome. Like Drakengard. I love that game, it's dark, twisted, it's borderline offensive and any humour derived from eating babies is basically jet black. It's also got shoddy gameplay and controlling a massive dragon in combat is like turning a truck in real life, sloooooooow and painful. It's repetitive and the environments are generally crappy and lifeless.

See what I did there? I acknowledged it's not an awesome game. At best I'd give it a sloppy 7/10 and more objectively a 6/10. And that's okay. You don't need to rate a game a minimum 8/10 to like it or think it's awesome. But you have to consider the flaws that you might be willing to ignore to a degree but objectively bring it down.
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!

User Info: dillpickle69

dillpickle69
4 years ago#7
I'll admit DMC2 was a bad game (for DMC standards, as a normal game I think it's average) and I liked it, I'm willing to admit that much.
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=dillpickle61

User Info: produner

produner
4 years ago#8
JanneDaArc135 posted...
The same reason why people can't admit they are wrong.
But its okay I like some bad games too. I LOVED Nier Replicant (Yes Replicant, I got it when I lived in Japan) and even though it's probably my favorite PS3 game a lot of people said it sucked.

There is no right and wrong; over generalized concepts for manipulation and self righteous people. Nier wasn't a bad game, it had little quality issue with controls , graphics and simple combat, otherwise its a top notch, beautiful RPG.

User Info: 5hadows

5hadows
4 years ago#9
I love playing bad broken fighting games.
Ill add something here later....

User Info: Varuney

Varuney
4 years ago#10
They are attempting to justify their purchase. This is the only logical explanation. There is absolutely no way these people could survive with such deluded mindsets.
*Wubeth Intensifies*
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Why can't people admit they like bad things?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived