Am i playing Resident Evil 5 right because ammo is rare

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Am i playing Resident Evil 5 right because ammo is rare

User Info: Gavin_Twilight

Gavin_Twilight
5 years ago#1
i am playing from start on vetran and there is little ammo...looks like people were just complaining to complain about modern resident evil games
I am from another planet

User Info: TomoEK9

TomoEK9
5 years ago#2
Well RE4, ammo was so abundant, and if you played correctly, you would literally be swimming in it.

RE5 they fixed that and ammo became a lot more scarce.

User Info: shotgunheadshot

shotgunheadshot
5 years ago#3
I agree with Gavin their is hardly any ammo or gold compared to re4. Resident Evil 5 is survival horror at its finest.

User Info: Gavin_Twilight

Gavin_Twilight
5 years ago#4
RE5 allows you to play the game anyway you want
I am from another planet

User Info: Luniara

Luniara
5 years ago#5
Drops from enemies and barrels(I think ) are random. While ammo might be scarcely placed in chests and on shelves (which it should be) if you're lucky it gets plentiful from just killing. I'm a knife and meleeholic though so my ammo was pretty much rarely used until the tougher enemies showed themselves.
<Insert witty message here>

User Info: GameBeaten

GameBeaten
5 years ago#6
I've been having to play through RE5 again since I lost all my save data on my first PS3 when it broke down. I've been finding my self low on ammo too, but I never actually run out. There's always something that gets me by.

Plus I give most of the machine gun and rifle ammo to Sheva since that's all she has and is all the AI is good at using.
http://epicvideogamers.com/
I've been waiting for Nintendo to reveal a handheld with the 3DS's graphics since 2003.

User Info: LeonSK357

LeonSK357
5 years ago#7
If you adopt the AI's style of shooting the enemy in the chest until it's dead, then yeah it will be rare. That's why Sheva always runs out of ammo >.>

Personally my style is to shoot once or twice, melee, stomp. You can imagine that by the end of a chapter I'd already have two full stacks of handgun ammo and close to a stack and a half of shotgun shells.
I love this... This is what I live for... And I'm absolutely crazy about it!
PSN: Leon50ae / GT: Reikan Ai

User Info: Doom_Infinite

Doom_Infinite
5 years ago#8
I was drowning in so much ammo in RE5 Chris could have started a war, it was always Sheva who was my ammo leech.

I definitely didn't see any improvement in ammo limitations in 5 over 4.
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force

User Info: LeonSK357

LeonSK357
5 years ago#9
What made RE5 worse was the continuous progress. If you end RE5 with 400 Handgun ammo in your stash, you start a 'new' RE5 game with every last round of those 400. Replaying chapters to make money and collect ammo didn't help either. At least in RE4 you could start a completely fresh game.
I love this... This is what I live for... And I'm absolutely crazy about it!
PSN: Leon50ae / GT: Reikan Ai

User Info: shotgunheadshot

shotgunheadshot
5 years ago#10
Doom3000 posted...
I was drowning in so much ammo in RE5 Chris could have started a war, it was always Sheva who was my ammo leech.

I definitely didn't see any improvement in ammo limitations in 5 over 4.

Thats because you use those stupid button prompt wrestling moves melees to help conserve ammo. Thats not my strategy i shoot everything which is more fun but i still run out of ammo. I disagree their is less ammo given in this game then re4. Doesn't really matter i can turn on infinite ammo if i want to.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Am i playing Resident Evil 5 right because ammo is rare

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived