Okay, about RE6, Why is it...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Okay, about RE6, Why is it...

User Info: MakouCinSnake

MakouCinSnake
5 years ago#1
People are so mixed about it, first we have impatient people wanting to go through stupid lengths to play it, or wanting capcom to release it early saying happy dappy stuff about it while 'hating it' and second stupidly bashing it when it comes out a month anyway, are people really confused nowadays and cant be satisified no matter what? I just dont get why people cant just wait a month or several weeks I might add rather than being impatient or bashing a game based on a old build demo, I dont understand some people at times. Are people really that desperate, spoiled and dare I say impatient with things nowadays? This is no way a bashing topic I just wanna know how other people feel with what I said here. agree or disagree.
I'm the best in the world at what I do! ~ I'm a Voice Actress - Music Composer / My Youtube: www.youtube.com/xLightningxLita - 3DS FC ~ 3738 - 0357 - 0369

User Info: Panther_Fang

Panther_Fang
5 years ago#2
Eh, well, it's hard to say. The main thing is that the game is hot--anticipation is damn ripe, so you've got hype and dread--two sides of the same coin. Some people are so psyched about the game, they want to try it now, and others are so worried about it that they want the same.

The main thing that's kinda strange to me is that, apart from general complaints about the demo (camera too close, dodging too unwieldy) most of the hate is going towards Chris' section, which is only a fourth of the game. It's understandable if people don't like it, but I don't think I could write off an ensemble game for only one of its parts.

User Info: Ryan-06

Ryan-06
5 years ago#3
Agree. The hype seems to have grown bigger than RE5.

But if you look it up, RE5 is the highest selling RE title to date. We'll see if 6 can surpass that record though. What does everyone think?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_5#Reception
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
DID YOU RIKE IT? http://youtu.be/yhDZDgyrTLc

MakouCinSnake
5 years ago#4
Panther_Fang posted...
Eh, well, it's hard to say. The main thing is that the game is hot--anticipation is damn ripe, so you've got hype and dread--two sides of the same coin. Some people are so psyched about the game, they want to try it now, and others are so worried about it that they want the same.

The main thing that's kinda strange to me is that, apart from general complaints about the demo (camera too close, dodging too unwieldy) most of the hate is going towards Chris' section, which is only a fourth of the game. It's understandable if people don't like it, but I don't think I could write off an ensemble game for only one of its parts.

Yeah, You have a point but what really boils my anger a bit that people are SO in a hurry to play the game and at excited only to stupidly and unnecessary bash it some more, Just how I feel, despite the Chris thing, I think RE6 will be a good title, despite the 'changes' it made, looks and played fun. [first demo] hope the sept 18th public demo changes people's minds, seeing its a newer build you know?
I'm the best in the world at what I do! ~ I'm a Voice Actress - Music Composer / My Youtube: www.youtube.com/xLightningxLita - 3DS FC ~ 3738 - 0357 - 0369

MakouCinSnake
5 years ago#5
Ryan-06 posted...
Agree. The hype seems to have grown bigger than RE5.

But if you look it up, RE5 is the highest selling RE title to date. We'll see if 6 can surpass that record though. What does everyone think?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_5#Reception

I do agree here, despite people saying 'wahhh, its not survival horror' its proof that games like RE5 sell despite what the 'core' fans think, I'm a classic RE fan and I dont go out of my way bashing RE5, As long as my favorite series is alive and well, is all that matters. The reception is proof that people love the game, despite the lack of survival horror, I guess RE6 was to appease 'gamers' taste hence the seperate playstyles of the campaigns, but I have a funny feeling, despite caps efforts, or 'crapcom' a term people love to overuse nowadays, will never be satisfied despite capcom working very hard for the consumer. They wanted survival horror back? well, guess what, what you see is what you get.

Panther_Fang
5 years ago#6
Yeah, that cognitive dissonance can be annoying. I'm also really interested in seeing what the new demo does. I can deal with the wait (I have no choice, being up to my teeth in school) and I'm also gonna hold off on any demos--I'd rather save it for the real thing. I'd like to keep up with the public opinion though.

Panther_Fang
5 years ago#7
MakouCinSnake posted...

I do agree here, despite people saying 'wahhh, its not survival horror' its proof that games like RE5 sell despite what the 'core' fans think, I'm a classic RE fan and I dont go out of my way bashing RE5, As long as my favorite series is alive and well, is all that matters. The reception is proof that people love the game, despite the lack of survival horror, I guess RE6 was to appease 'gamers' taste hence the seperate playstyles of the campaigns, but I have a funny feeling, despite caps efforts, or 'crapcom' people love to overuse nowadays, will never make certain people happy, despite them working very hard for the consumer.

Oh, deeeefinitely. There'll always be those that are unsatisfied--whether they stay in the newer path of action, or make efforts to go back to a horror focus. With this game, though, there might be enough to satisfy both sides(horror aspects in each game, with more of a focus on Leon's and Jake's) but I'm also wondering if Chris' won't turn people off from the game entirely. I hope that people can give the game a damn fair try, and not hold Chris' one campaign over the entire game too hard.

User Info: Animesetsuna

Animesetsuna
5 years ago#8
I am sure that Capcom know what they are doing and making "survival horror" game isn't really easy at all.
Call me AS & visit http://setsunah.imgur.com

MakouCinSnake
5 years ago#9
Animesetsuna posted...
I am sure that Capcom know what they are doing and making "survival horror" game isn't really easy at all.

Agreed, which leads me to say can any amateur do any better? I mean look at RE6, It looks like it was made with tons of effort, its just the 'changes' people tend to dislike and as the saying goes, PEOPLE never like change. but whatever the case, despite the bashing this game might get from certain people or groups, RE6 will no doubt be a big seller, we've seen how people go through weird / desperate lengths to play it, it screams 'HYPE' and theres no denying it.

User Info: pencru

pencru
5 years ago#10
I agree with you when you say they can't be satisfied no matter what. They complain about the smallest things..
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Okay, about RE6, Why is it...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived