The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Why dont people like RE5?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Why dont people like RE5?

User Info: fire21971

fire21971
5 years ago#1
I've been looking around the RE boards because i have nothing better to do and noticed that there is a lot of hate for RE5! I really liked it and i dont know whats wrong with it. So can someone please explain?

User Info: Lansfield

Lansfield
5 years ago#2
I don't know but a lot of people blame the success of RE 5 which has made the developers switch to a more action oriented RE? I don't know. But RE 5 got positive reviews so I think people like RE 5 better.

User Info: DarkD3stiny

DarkD3stiny
5 years ago#3
Because Shinji didn't make it.
I find it funny how people say re5 is a terrible game when it out sold re4. Especially since re4 had longer to sell and got sold on more consoles.

DarkD3stiny
5 years ago#4
Lansfield posted...
I don't know but a lot of people blame the success of RE 5 which has made the developers switch to a more action oriented RE? I don't know. But RE 5 got positive reviews so I think people like RE 5 better.

Strange how re4 didn't get blamed for re5.
I find it funny how people say re5 is a terrible game when it out sold re4. Especially since re4 had longer to sell and got sold on more consoles.

User Info: Lansfield

Lansfield
5 years ago#5
RE 4 was blamed as well for RE 5. It's a chain lol. But RE 4 was nearer to the classic Resident Evil in terms of atmosphere because of that over all eeriness. RE 5 was just plain mad savage africans wanting to kill you while screaming stuff you don't understand. I don't know, Spanish seemed a little scarier than psycho gibberish.

User Info: ModLogic

ModLogic
5 years ago#6
it was basically an on rail shooter.
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png

DarkD3stiny
5 years ago#7
Lansfield posted...
RE 4 was blamed as well for RE 5. It's a chain lol. But RE 4 was nearer to the classic Resident Evil in terms of atmosphere because of that over all eeriness. RE 5 was just plain mad savage africans wanting to kill you while screaming stuff you don't understand. I don't know, Spanish seemed a little scarier than psycho gibberish.

re4 is nothing like the old re games and has hardly any atmosphere to use that as a reasonable point to your debate.

DarkD3stiny
5 years ago#8
tehdud posted...
it was basically an on rail shooter.

Apart from chapter 2-3 where was the rest of the rail shooting?

User Info: Buddy_Dacote

Buddy_Dacote
5 years ago#9
DarkD3stiny posted...
Lansfield posted...

re4 is nothing like the old re games and has hardly any atmosphere to use that as a reasonable point to your debate.

So collecting keys, solving puzzles, gothic environments wasn't in the first games? Stranger, I could swear people keep bringing those points up when complaining about RE6 being too different.

User Info: wheepitup

wheepitup
5 years ago#10
DarkD3stiny posted...
Lansfield posted...

At least RE4 had dark areas and mansionlike settings. RE5 has no atmosphere at all.
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Why dont people like RE5?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived