Worst resident evil plot yet?(spoilers duh)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Worst resident evil plot yet?(spoilers duh)

User Info: dragonstar13

dragonstar13
5 years ago#11
StupidMofoz posted...
I'll give the worst plot award to 4 personally. I mean you got to save the presidents daughter from a big bad cult being controlled by bugs that were mined up from the earth. Yay..

I have to 2nd that.
Abel is probably to Xenosaga what Neo was to the Matrix. - archmageraist
Claimed Misha Arsellec Lune and Lyner Barsett

User Info: Madigari

Madigari
5 years ago#12
biohazard151 posted...
And the files i dont count, sure they help, but a story should be presented in game, not some text that lluminates everything.

So, you basically discount most of the story development in the original games, too? Good to know.
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.

User Info: biohazard151

biohazard151
5 years ago#13
Painesnewname posted...
You can explain the plot to anything while being a **** and it'll sound just as bad.

Not saying re6 had that great of a story but still.

Did I really sound that mean though?

I mean, even just plainly stated, the plot is quite bad, even without my colorful commentary.

- Derek Simmons is in love with ada wong, clones a brilliant scientist into becoming an ada wong look alike

- Ada wong 2 berates wesker for his plans to destroy the world, then tried to destroy the world

- Leon and Helena fake their deaths so they wont be hassled with the presidents death and can go to china to stop the guy who killed the president

-Carla uses people from neo-umbrella to kill the leader of neo-umbrella, derek, who is also the leader of the family, who then in turn kill carla. None of them stay dead mind you.

I dont know, im not saying the older games had good plots, but my god, this was awful.
"What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not an end"

User Info: Painesnewname

Painesnewname
5 years ago#14
Quote:Painesnewname posted...
You can explain the plot to anything while being a **** and it'll sound just as bad.

I mean, even just plainly stated, the plot is quite bad, even without my colorful commentary.

- Derek Simmons is in love with ada wong, clones a brilliant scientist into becoming an ada wong look alike

- Ada wong 2 berates wesker for his plans to destroy the world, then tried to destroy the world

- Leon and Helena fake their deaths so they wont be hassled with the presidents death and can go to china to stop the guy who killed the president

-Carla uses people from neo-umbrella to kill the leader of neo-umbrella, derek, who is also the leader of the family, who then in turn kill carla. None of them stay dead mind you.

I dont know, im not saying the older games had good plots, but my god, this was awful.

@biohazard151

I guess not.

I'm the **** then, lol
Mass production.....?
.........RIDICULOUS!

User Info: StupidMofoz

StupidMofoz
5 years ago#15
biohazard151 posted...
Painesnewname posted...

Actually this games plot made some of the most sense out of all the series. It's about love and betrayal, it's pretty simple and straight forward.

biohazard151
5 years ago#16
Madigari posted...
biohazard151 posted...
And the files i dont count, sure they help, but a story should be presented in game, not some text that lluminates everything.

So, you basically discount most of the story development in the original games, too? Good to know.

Its not that I discount it, but I feel they shouldnt be looked at in the presentation of the game's story. The files arent presented in cutscenes, and arent available for everyone, if you miss one, you missed out on that part of the story. One shouldnt have to have a guide to be filled in on story.

They form a nice little addition, but if a game relies on the bulk of its story being told in hidden and missable files, its failed.

Also, did anyone know the files we got are actually incomplete? The japanese files have much more info, including that there was a tension and rivalry between chian and the usa, which is why derek went after them first.

biohazard151
5 years ago#17
StupidMofoz posted...
biohazard151 posted...
Painesnewname posted...

Actually this games plot made some of the most sense out of all the series. It's about love and betrayal, it's pretty simple and straight forward.

Not agreeing here, but making sense, and being 'good' arent the same thing.
It made sense, in that, i understood derek made two ada's, but that was a terrible plot, and i think alot of people would agree it wasnt well done.

As well, someone dropping into Re6 and trying to figure it out, i dont find it makes sense. Ive talked to quitea few people who played the game, without prior knowledge, and for those who missed some of the files, it was hit and miss on what they understood. Some things are better told, some arent.

User Info: Snoopydance

Snoopydance
5 years ago#18
Yeah, the clone thing is not expanded well at all.

To be fair, Carla doesn't say Wesker was an idiot FOR wanting to destroy the world, she said he's an imbecile who wanted to destroy the world. As in, she could mean he went about it in the wrong way or for the wrong reasons (in an attempt to "better humanity" rather than the nihilistic thing Carla is doing)

They fake their deaths so that there won't be people actively searching for them to arrest them. If they didn't do that and they tried to get on a commercial flight they'd be screwed. It bought them a few hours and enabled them to go to China.

Carla uses a J'avo under her control to blow the C-Virus dart, Simmons sent his human men in suits (employees of the "Family") to shoot Carla from the copter. Different sets of people.

User Info: Madigari

Madigari
5 years ago#19
biohazard151 posted...

- Right.

- Calling him a colossal idiot doesn't necessarily mean you think he's an idiot for attempting to destroy the world. She could have also meant he was an idiot for how he went about it.

- Leon and Helena faked their deaths because Simmons, the director of Homeland Security, labeled both of them as the prime suspects in the President's death.

- Carla is the leader of Neo-Umbrella, which she founded -after- she created both the C-Virus and was turned into the Ada clone. Carla never attempted to kill Simmons, only infect him with the enhanced C-Virus.

Seriously, this is just...Meh. Do you not pay attention willfully, or are you just trying to write a script for the worst RiffTrax ever?
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.

User Info: StupidMofoz

StupidMofoz
5 years ago#20
biohazard151 posted...
StupidMofoz posted...
biohazard151 posted...
Painesnewname posted...

Not agreeing here, but making sense, and being 'good' arent the same thing.
It made sense, in that, i understood derek made two ada's, but that was a terrible plot, and i think alot of people would agree it wasnt well done.

As well, someone dropping into Re6 and trying to figure it out, i dont find it makes sense. Ive talked to quitea few people who played the game, without prior knowledge, and for those who missed some of the files, it was hit and miss on what they understood. Some things are better told, some arent.

Better than saving the presidents daughter from a big bad cult being controlled by bugs that were mined up from the earth.

What made it a terrible plot exactly? It showed people losing their humanity, selfishness, desperation, learning you really are, and proving even the most unlikely people (Ada) do have a heart.

It's one of my favorite plots in the series.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Worst resident evil plot yet?(spoilers duh)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived