Should I play RE5?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Should I play RE5?

User Info: Brianwt

Brianwt
4 years ago#21
skermac posted...
I like 6 but hated 5, but you might like it. Leon and Ada is not in it either. 4 and 6 have more of a horror type feel, especially Leons campaign in 6.

6 has no horror type feel since it has co-op while co-op is fun it takes all the horror out of the game even Leons Campaign co-op IMO has ruined the Resident Evil series. IMO they need two modes one single player and other co-op but Capcom will never do that they would say that is too much work which it wouldn't be but that's what they would say since they are lazy.

User Info: skermac

skermac
4 years ago#22
Brianwt posted...
skermac posted...
I like 6 but hated 5, but you might like it. Leon and Ada is not in it either. 4 and 6 have more of a horror type feel, especially Leons campaign in 6.

6 has no horror type feel since it has co-op while co-op is fun it takes all the horror out of the game even Leons Campaign co-op IMO has ruined the Resident Evil series. IMO they need two modes one single player and other co-op but Capcom will never do that they would say that is too much work which it wouldn't be but that's what they would say since they are lazy.

I hope RE7 has an option for turn coop on and off. But I agree with you about coop in 6. Even with coop I think Leon's campaign is more like horror-survival than all of 5, but just my opinion. I like there is no coop in Ada's campaign. I just wish it had been a lot longer and we had the option to use different costumes with her campaign.

User Info: ridley723

ridley723
4 years ago#23
RE5 was a good game. Was it scary? No. Was it fun? Yes. I think you'll have a good time with the game if you enjoyed 6 at all. Just know that the controls will probably feel a bit more restrictive then 6 was.

skermac
4 years ago#24
ridley723 posted...
RE5 was a good game. Was it scary? No. Was it fun? Yes. I think you'll have a good time with the game if you enjoyed 6 at all. Just know that the controls will probably feel a bit more restrictive then 6 was.

And not 50,000 qte's in 5!

User Info: ravenscourge

ravenscourge
4 years ago#25
RenYenBot posted...
Dark_Spiret posted...
its good, but id highly recommend playing with someone. Unlike 6, 5's AI can be a huge liability and lead to some major frustrations.

Oh please, it's only that way on Pro or if you give it no weapons.

The AI is overexaggerated :l

This. So sick of the complaints.
XBL - k0mRaDe Kr1m5oN PSN - ravenscourge
Sindel, Kitana, and Raiden. <3

User Info: Dark_Spiret

Dark_Spiret
4 years ago#26
RenYenBot posted...
Oh please, it's only that way on Pro or if you give it no weapons.

The AI is overexaggerated :l
on normal and amateur its OK. on Vet its decent upto chapter 5. On pro its a nightmare. once enemies with guns start showing up it becomes a liability. i also had the AI break on me several times during the licker room before wesker. The AI for the most part isnt awful, but it makes having a friend to play with nearly a necessity to full complete the game. To me, that is a pain in the ass.
Currently playing: Final Fantasy 13-2 - Black Ops 2 - Torchlight 2

User Info: SSJ_Jin

SSJ_Jin
4 years ago#27
I've played pro with quite a few people and I can easily say playing with the AI was 100x easier. At least that was my experience.

It does get annoying though. But really the only nightmare I ever had with the AI was on that moving conveyor belt with the bodies on it. I cross over the part where the boxes try and send you back and I went to the crate, opened it, then instructed Sheva to pick it up. Like 5 times.

Then I turned around to see what the hell was taking her so long and I realized everytime she got to the box part she always failed and had to start over. I had to babysit her through it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/

User Info: IlDanko

IlDanko
4 years ago#28
skermac posted...

the lack of leon and ada was precisely what made it a great game, now if they had made jill one of the protagonists it would have been better, i didn't liked the fact that sheva (a newcomer in that game) gets to kill wesker and jill not...
"It's almost a shame to smoke it. It's like killing a unicorn... with, like, a bomb"- Saul Silver ....PSN: Dan21993

skermac
4 years ago#29
IlDanko posted...
skermac posted...

the lack of leon and ada was precisely what made it a great game, now if they had made jill one of the protagonists it would have been better, i didn't liked the fact that sheva (a newcomer in that game) gets to kill wesker and jill not...

I would have liked to see Rebecca over Sheva!

User Info: IlDanko

IlDanko
4 years ago#30
skermac posted...
IlDanko posted...
skermac posted...

I would have liked to see Rebecca over Sheva!

sure, it would have been great to see her avenging Enrico Marini, but i still prefer jill, chris and her are the ones who had more story with Wesker, getting a new character, who had no real background on the series to kill him was a really bad move IMO
"It's almost a shame to smoke it. It's like killing a unicorn... with, like, a bomb"- Saul Silver ....PSN: Dan21993
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Should I play RE5?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived