Playing through the series right now and...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Playing through the series right now and...

User Info: Aaron_G

Aaron_G
4 years ago#11
solstriderx posted...
AlbertWesker999 posted...
If you do get it DON"T LEAVE THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER IN THE METAL DETECTOR!!!!!!!oneoneone1!

I too am doing a runthrough of all the RE games and this happened to me. I still beat it and am up to Re 4 now (up to salazars castle), but man did that frustrate me!

Can you elaborate? I recently got CVX but I haven't played it yet and I'd rather not have unnecessary frustration.
PSN: Aaron_G__

User Info: BasementDude

BasementDude
4 years ago#12
you'll have to backtrack a long way iirc
number of e-huggies received today: 0
number of e-huggies wanted daily: 1,000,000 total e-huggies received: 214,100,769

User Info: AlbertWesker999

AlbertWesker999
4 years ago#13
I guess since the game didn't ask if you wanted to discard it the developers thought you would take it with you. Not to mention that the box itself tells you to retrieve all of your items. I did it too the first time I played.

CVX is also notoriously hard to get an A rank on as well.

You can be instakilled killed by the Tyrant if he knocks you into the fire, Hunters can behead you, the Face Crushers (Bandersnatches) are asses, and ol' Ashford Sr. can knock you off the roof. You only get the one free save after getting off the island, and if you mess up as Chris you have to go allllll the way back to play as Claire again.

Getting that crystal ball keycard is INTENSE on an A rank run.
PSN: AlbertWeskerCEO

BasementDude
4 years ago#14

the only part i hate
number of e-huggies wanted daily: 1,000,000 total e-huggies received: 214,100,769

User Info: Neutron15

Neutron15
4 years ago#15
I remember back then, leaving the fire extinguisher
The Cycle Of Hatred Can Never Be Broken
Jigoku , Futakomori , Mitsuganae

AlbertWesker999
4 years ago#16
Aaron_G posted...
solstriderx posted...
If you do get it DON"T LEAVE THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER IN THE METAL DETECTOR!!!!!!!oneoneone1!

I too am doing a runthrough of all the RE games and this happened to me. I still beat it and am up to Re 4 now (up to salazars castle), but man did that frustrate me!

Can you elaborate? I recently got CVX but I haven't played it yet and I'd rather not have unnecessary frustration.

After you use the extinguisher to get the briefcase with the special alloy in the beginning of the game, you will have to deposit it in a box along with the rest of your metal items (guns, ammo, lighter, etc.).

When you come back through after making the special Eagle Emblem make sure you take the empty extinguisher with you and put it into the magic box so you can refill it waaaay later in Antarctica. This is the only way to get the Magnum as Chris.

AlbertWesker999
4 years ago#17
BasementDude posted...

the only part i hate

My heart beats so hard I can hear it. Scariest part in the entire series IMO.

User Info: GamerFood

GamerFood
4 years ago#18
ZeeDogge posted...
CVX was the most boring of all the classic REs. Long, tedious metroidvania sequences, respawning enemies, 20 friggin dollars. Not worth a buy at all

Umm, but RE6 is longer, it also has tedious metroidvania sequences, and respawning enemies!! Only difference is RE6 isn't 20 friggin dollars. It's 40-60 friggin dollars. In fact, the PS2 version for CVX is only 1 cent on Amazon.

Also, no offense to you guys, but you must be really terrible if not getting the Magnum screwed you over. I beat the game again a few days ago without ever using the knife, and i still had more than enough ammo for all my guns that the Magnum wasn't even an issue. The game gives you 50 Fire Arrows to waste on bosses and banders, it gives you a gigantic amount of grenade rounds for hunters and tyrant, and you get a lot of handgun bullets, AND a bunch of automatic weapons like the Assault Rifle and Uzi's that have a ton of ammo each for you to waste on anything you'd like.

IMO CVX is definitely one of the best in the series because it's old school classic survival horror. Great atmosphere and creepy music, difficult puzzles that require thought and intelligence not just ''theres two levers on both sides of the door so lets both pull them and move on shall we?'' And despite what i just said about the ammo, you still need to be SOMEWHAT conservative and not shoot everything that moves like in RE4-6.

User Info: notrandom

notrandom
4 years ago#19
Wait... enemies respawn? I'm bad enough with ammo as is because I hate dodging zombies but couple that with the backtracking you guys say exist and I may have a hard time. :/

Maybe I should of asked better but how would you guys rate the puzzles and overall enemy placement and difficulty in CVX? If you had to use RE0 through RE3 as a scale that is.
Not worried about 4-6 because if 5 and 6 play like 4 then I have nothing to ask about them.
Say no to EA and Ubisoft's online passes. Say no to Capcom and Activision's scummy DLC ways. Say no to NISA's terrible and unfaithful localizations.

BasementDude
4 years ago#20
i don't recall enemies respawning that much in CVX. but even so you get a ton of ammo. and the knife is very strong once you get use to using it.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Playing through the series right now and...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived