If Capcom decided to reboot the Resident Evil series, like DMC, reactions?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. If Capcom decided to reboot the Resident Evil series, like DMC, reactions?

User Info: VolcanoBoulder

VolcanoBoulder
4 years ago#11
I'd welcome a reboot, but only if it wasn't half-assed. Meaning I wouldn't welcome a Capcom reboot. ;)

User Info: edward18

edward18
4 years ago#12
Reboots shouldn't happen.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: XdemonAlucard

XdemonAlucard
4 years ago#13
I'd like to see a fresh start. Start from the beginning with new survivors who don't already know what to do in a zombie outbreak.
"Gimme food good guy!"

User Info: gamestop27

gamestop27
4 years ago#14
Only if they outsource it to Platinum Games and not some western developer.
Evolution is not true, I've had a dog for 14 years and its still a dog no change into a cat.~William Simms

User Info: xKazerux

xKazerux
4 years ago#15
Goldsickle posted...
As usual, play the game and judge it for what it is, not what I selfishly think it should be.

There's no such thing as a "rule" or "commandment" that a franchise has to obey.

Pretty much this.

I enjoyed the DMC reboot. Had a few complaints here and there and didn't like how Vergil turned out throughout the game, but I still had fun with it. I loved the old series and I love the new game.

That said, I don't mind where Resident Evil is going with RE6, I liked the game. I don't think I want a reboot.
PSN: KazimusPrime // XBL: xKazerux
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/KazimusPrime.png

User Info: jpv2000

jpv2000
4 years ago#16
xKazerux posted...
That said, I don't mind where Resident Evil is going with RE6, I liked the game. I don't think I want a reboot.

^This^
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)

User Info: Animesetsuna

Animesetsuna
4 years ago#17
What is the most popular game in Capcom? RE or SF or others?
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I(Setsuna Henry) like Kana Hanazawa & Yui Ogura and wish to CALL THEM EVERYDAY

User Info: YunFang1130

YunFang1130
4 years ago#18
No reboot. They should finish the story first before deciding to reboot the series.

User Info: good_tobi

good_tobi
4 years ago#19
Syn_Vengeance posted...
If someone else did it i probably wouldnt bother with it, if capcom themselves rebooted the series i would most likely check it out.

PyroSpark posted...
Honestly, ninja theory rebooted DmC in a hundred different horrible ways.

I can't see how RE could possibly be rebooted in such a way. RE6 was a great finale game though.

Animesetsuna posted...
Don't want. As long as Capcom reboot the RE themselves, then I don't mind.

YunFang1130 posted...
No reboot. They should finish the story first before deciding to reboot the series.
Don't need sharingan to see this.

User Info: UltimateGeth39

UltimateGeth39
4 years ago#20
It would depend on who would be making the game really.

I also have to agree if they did a remake it should be with survivors who are not trained to deal with viral outbreaks and I think they should stick to just zombies maybe a mutated zombie here or there and then these big B.O.W's for boss battles I honestly did'nt care for the J'avo,majini, and ganado that much.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. If Capcom decided to reboot the Resident Evil series, like DMC, reactions?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived