Ada in mercs

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: xXxAgentAdaxXx

xXxAgentAdaxXx
4 years ago#11
She's actually one of the better characters, I'm not being biased, sure others have it easier (looking at you, Jake and Carla) but she's great, keep in mind she's a beast in J'avos and plays better there than Zombies.

My only complaint is that she has the AmmoLOLbox and lack of a combo-saving weapon (but that can be compensated if you handle her great fire grenades well)

She starts with 8 herbs, her crossbow kills all bosses with 3 bolts at most (except Orgoman and I think Messets), she gets 3 fire grenades by default and can be extended to 5 by collecting stage grenades, she also has the fastest Melee attacks and a fast CDG. And without a doubt she's got one of the best counters. (especially in Catacombs, where she can counter all lamp-holding zombies without taking damage, all other characters take damage, refer to YouTube user "Poyoyon46" and other professional players)

Long story short: if you don't know what you're doing with her, you're gonna suffer badly. If you know, you'll be a beast.
Formerly known as xXxAdaxXx.

User Info: DanielSpace79

DanielSpace79
4 years ago#12
I figured you'd reply :D- I remember your pointers from when I began playing the game- thanks those tips months ago!

To clarify a few earlier comments, Ada (and Carla's) sweep counters are both great against lantern zombies without taking damage, but add (one handed) Leon, Sherry and Jake to that list.

Her sweep counters will almost always one hit ko a grabbing zombie (See MtD and a lot ot TC) without doing that follow up. For the tougher zombies, (fireman) or punchers - you have to riddle em with the ammo box a little
"Hey! Porky Pig! I hope you get molested!"
PSN: TheWorstType

User Info: xXxAgentAdaxXx

xXxAgentAdaxXx
4 years ago#13
DanielSpace79 posted...
I figured you'd reply :D- I remember your pointers from when I began playing the game- thanks those tips months ago!

To clarify a few earlier comments, Ada (and Carla's) sweep counters are both great against lantern zombies without taking damage, but add (one handed) Leon, Sherry and Jake to that list.

Her sweep counters will almost always one hit ko a grabbing zombie (See MtD and a lot ot TC) without doing that follow up. For the tougher zombies, (fireman) or punchers - you have to riddle em with the ammo box a little

Hey you! I remember promising to play with you but I never had the chance, gotta blame college. I'll try to find free time and play with you! :D

Wow, Leon, Sherry and Jake don't take damage from the lantern dudes? I remember trying it but still taking damages, huh, you learn something new everyday I guess. :P
Formerly known as xXxAdaxXx.

User Info: Volren617

Volren617
4 years ago#14
I don't think I have used Sherry or default Leon in TC yet, but I can confirm 1H Jake doesn't take damage when countering lantern zombies - the spinning elbow's invulnerability period lasts just a tad longer than most others.

I do like Ada's fast and reliable front head stun melee which is a sight better than, say, Leon's or Helena's.

User Info: Roll_kix_azz

Roll_kix_azz
4 years ago#15
Unfoolish posted...
DanielSpace79 posted...
I rarely, if ever use the crossbow. I do enjoy it as a weapon, and it is useful for pinning enemies, but it's slow load time just make it an inconvenient weapon

You shouldn't aim with the Crossbow unless you are aiming at slow Napads or Whoppers. Quickshot with the Crossbow does the job since she reloads the Crossbow when she flips backwards. Using Power Counter with the Crossbow is recommended since she elbow smacks enemies whereas if she counter with the Ammo Box 50 like Carla's Picador, she does a fast low sleep where she needs to walk up to the enemy afterwards if still alive, with the counter Crossbow she can do a set up CGD or melee in general.

RPD Helena is the worst in Mercenaries, she lacks a strong weapon to kill bosses. Default Piers has Remote Bombs, Default Ada has Pipe Bombs. RPD Helena's Sniper Rifle is not enough, try doing a solo run in Steel Beast with her Napads are a problem if you are trying to keep a combo alive. Even Default Piers and Ada take them out easy.

However RPD Helena is a good partner in Duo Mercenaries. She is just missing the Hydra/Shotgun powerful weapons to take on bosses. She got buffed in Versus modes though :D

This is wrong. RPD Helena owns Napads on Steel Beast... it just takes three quick shots with the rifle. It even pierces through them and strikes any other ones behind your initial target. (It goes through up to at least 3 in a row.)
Remember: Roll is FTW, ppl who h8 her are FTL. This is a golden rule
Official Ino of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 board

User Info: sbn4

sbn4
4 years ago#16
Yeah, if you cancel the shell eject animation for the rifle, it becomes a very good boss killer.

This is why Piers is amazing in onslaught. His sniper functions like a magnum with 10 rounds in it.

Though I don't see myself dropping Chris, I really want to use Ada more in Mercenaries. She's incredibly fun. Its just that when the artificial difficult spike kicks in towards the end of runs (I'm look at you UC), it can really overwhelm Ada quiet easily.
"No man should fight any war but his own."

User Info: JacksonC33

JacksonC33
4 years ago#17
I'm surprised at the Piers comments, his rifle is actually as powerful as Chris/Sherry's Magnum and he has more ammo for it anyway back on topic.
Ada isn't the worst, but she is better on Javo maps than Zombie maps and for one reason...Her Explosive arrows. Why ? well i'm sure people are aware of the grenade glitch, well guess what you can do it with her explosive arrows and you get 30 so that means 30 grenade glitch chances. Easy melees on the exploders, flying javo and in general all javo and mutations. A Direct hit will kill a Javo so you would setup your normal CDG then quickshot Explosive arrow then CDG 14Secs+ and it would weaken surrounding enemies for a counter. Also the explosive arrows kill the Gnezdo on 1 shot so she would be pretty badass on HSF.
The stages that Ada will really struggle on is Requiem for War, Liquid Fire, Urban Chaos (Solo), Steel Beast (Solo). Everything should be normal for her IMO.

User Info: zombiabsol

zombiabsol
4 years ago#18
havnt played mercs in a while, but i find ada to be VERY useful on the catacombs
(PSN - zombiabsol3) Playing:Resident Evil 6, PSASBR, and LBP:Karting. Add me :D
"No More Tears, Not Until I Avenge Your Death" ~ Helena Harper RE6

User Info: Unfoolish

Unfoolish
4 years ago#19
Roll_kix_azz posted...
Unfoolish posted...
DanielSpace79 posted...
I rarely, if ever use the crossbow. I do enjoy it as a weapon, and it is useful for pinning enemies, but it's slow load time just make it an inconvenient weapon

You shouldn't aim with the Crossbow unless you are aiming at slow Napads or Whoppers. Quickshot with the Crossbow does the job since she reloads the Crossbow when she flips backwards. Using Power Counter with the Crossbow is recommended since she elbow smacks enemies whereas if she counter with the Ammo Box 50 like Carla's Picador, she does a fast low sleep where she needs to walk up to the enemy afterwards if still alive, with the counter Crossbow she can do a set up CGD or melee in general.

RPD Helena is the worst in Mercenaries, she lacks a strong weapon to kill bosses. Default Piers has Remote Bombs, Default Ada has Pipe Bombs. RPD Helena's Sniper Rifle is not enough, try doing a solo run in Steel Beast with her Napads are a problem if you are trying to keep a combo alive. Even Default Piers and Ada take them out easy.

However RPD Helena is a good partner in Duo Mercenaries. She is just missing the Hydra/Shotgun powerful weapons to take on bosses. She got buffed in Versus modes though :D

This is wrong. RPD Helena owns Napads on Steel Beast... it just takes three quick shots with the rifle. It even pierces through them and strikes any other ones behind your initial target. (It goes through up to at least 3 in a row.)

RPD Helena is still the worst character in Mercenaries. 3 Quickshots with the Sniper Rifle? Ok, reload after each shot. Terrible reload recovery upon whiff. Not unless you equipped her with Target Master or Quickshot Damage Increase. 1 Quickshot doesn't guarantee 'combo saver' every single time, even Sherry's Assault Shotgun has the scrub factor to keep combos alive. The other two characters who carry the exact Sniper Rifle is White Dress Ada (equipped with Flash/Hand Grenades) and Pirate Leon (Nitrogen Rounds/Assault Rifle ammo). Ok what does RPD Helena exactly have that's viable for bosses? Ubitsvo, Gnezdo, Napads, Lepotista, Whopper just look at those bosses and look what other Mercenary characters have like Jake and the Elephant Magnum, Sherry and Lightning Hawk Magnum, School Girl Sherry with Grenade Launcher, Chris's Magnum, Ada's Pipe Bombs, Pier's Remote Bombs, Carla's Grenade Launcher. Incendiary Grenades can only go so far as stun, an entire Ammo Box 50 clip is wasting ammo, Sniper Rifle has terrible recovery... RPD Helena has healing items which is good, she lacks the right weapon to take out bosses but she is good as a tag partner. RPD Helena in the Versus mode has the Hydra and the Stun Rod, welcomed buffs she received. Even if RPD Helena had 3 Hand Grenades as items, she would be better, she should've had the Hydra in Mercenaries. RPD Helena STILL IS the worst character in Mercenaries.

However, she's the character I play mostly and I openly admit to her flaws. She's absolutely ridiculous in Versus, officially badass. Unfortunately she was not buffed in Mercenaries. RPD Helena works best on J'avo maps High Seas Fortress, Rail Yard and Liquid Fire best. Also a good duo partner but you need a parter who can take on bosses/combo saver situations. She is placed at the bottom of the tier list. I like her learning curve because I enjoy the challenge. Let's be serious here Default Chris and School Girl Sherry are totally scrub friendly and braindead easy to pick up. Shooting everything in their path like they never run out of ammo with item drop increase equipped XD

User Info: Unfoolish

Unfoolish
4 years ago#20
JacksonC33 posted...
I'm surprised at the Piers comments, his rifle is actually as powerful as Chris/Sherry's Magnum and he has more ammo for it

Default Piers is good, he requires set ups to use him effectively. He has all the tools required. The only downside I find is his Quickshot whiffs which is bad because of his Rifle's slow recovery. Just because Piers is not a scrub friendly character to pick up, does not mean he is bad. Critically think, logic, set ups is what makes this character great.

Actually once PS3 gets Survivors, you'll see how ridiculously good Piers is. He is near borderline OP. Agent in Survivors is just 'BROKEN'!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived