Why would you want to go back to classic RE...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Why would you want to go back to classic RE...

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
4 years ago#21
IlDanko posted...
Those doesn't work with horror games, specially when the melees are f******* karate and pro wrestling moves that can kill in one or few hits..

That's exactly the kind of melee that occurred in The Last Of Us.

Also, while messy, there are some brutal kill finishers in Siren: Blood Curse.

For the record, even I think the head-exploding melee in RE6 is a little ridiculous and am indifferent to it.
But it doesn't change that "killer melee" isn't a stranger in horror games.

Way back in the first Silent Hill, back in the PlayStation, you could press X for a contextual finisher where Harry gives one last stomp to finish off a dying monster (or they will wake up again).
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".

User Info: XxAxem_BlackxX

XxAxem_BlackxX
4 years ago#22
You're lying bro. TLOU doesn't have wrestling moves in it. There's nothing wrong with melee finishers as long as it works with the gameplay style. Stomping an enemy when it's down and not able to hit you is one thing but it's another thing to be doing complex pro wrestling moves like suplexes and slams.
www.morbid-obsession.com

User Info: IlDanko

IlDanko
4 years ago#23
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...
You're lying bro. TLOU doesn't have wrestling moves in it. There's nothing wrong with melee finishers as long as it works with the gameplay style. Stomping an enemy when it's down and not able to hit you is one thing but it's another thing to be doing complex pro wrestling moves like suplexes and slams.

This..

Stomping is a feature that has appeared even in the old REs but those moves leon pulls in RE4 and RE6 are ridiculous, Jill's and Sheva's too and the worst of all are Helena's and ada's .. The only one i see that have some normal melee moves is Chris (of course only taking out the press slam that was introduced in RE6)
If I was perfect then this would be easy, either road's plausible, on both i can drown...
PSN: Dan21993

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
4 years ago#24
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...
You're lying bro. TLOU doesn't have wrestling moves in it.

The context isn't specifically moves from wrestling.
But about powerful melee moves that "kills an enemy in one or a few hits".

The Last Of Us has those.

but it's another thing to be doing complex pro wrestling moves like suplexes and slams.

And this breaks some convention or commandment of horror games I don't know about?

I bet it's just another of your made-up rules.

IlDanko posted...
Stomping is a feature that has appeared even in the old REs but those moves leon pulls in RE4 and RE6 are ridiculous, Jill's and Sheva's too and the worst of all are Helena's and ada's .. The only one i see that have some normal melee moves is Chris (of course only taking out the press slam that was introduced in RE6)

Doesn't change that mechanically and visually, the melees of Last Of Us are the same old "kills enemies in a few hits".
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".

User Info: XxAxem_BlackxX

XxAxem_BlackxX
4 years ago#25
It's common sense that wrestling moves don't belong in horror games. Would Silent Hill still be creepy if James could just shoot every enemy once and then finish it with a suplex?
www.morbid-obsession.com

User Info: Spade59

Spade59
4 years ago#26
The Last of Us
PlayStation 3 >> Action Adventure >> Modern

Lmao

User Info: ZeeDogge

ZeeDogge
4 years ago#27
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...
It's common sense that wrestling moves don't belong in horror games. Would Silent Hill still be creepy if James could just shoot every enemy once and then finish it with a suplex?

Common sense is whatever people want it to be. SoD also has wrestling moves, and it is a better carrier of the name "survival horror" than any classic game will ever be.
lol assault rifles are machine guns.... d'oh! :P btw so are submgs and anything that has automatic fire.
~squiggy9996999

ZeeDogge
4 years ago#28
ZGMF_600_Guaiz posted...
ZeeDogge posted...
kronos96 posted...
The problem with Capcom is that they don't know what to do anymore. The tried to copy COD and it wasn't all that great. Their stupidity has put RE on the brink of irrelevancy. If you want TPS action, there are many games out there that do it better, if you want zombie survival games, you got TLOU and state of decay now.

RE doesn't excel in anything in particular. They either go back to their roots or let the series become and even bigger joke.

I still think they have a chance. If they follow Revelations plus Tall oaks chapter design and add some outbreak ideas, they could create a good open world zombie game.

At some point people thought that Capcom and RE were going to take the zombie genre to the next level. They decided to become a bunch of copycats instead. I don't think they can afford another RE6 or 5 again.

Revelations IS irrelevant outside the internet

I disagree. Capcom should ditch everything related to RE6 and stick with Revelations. In particular RE6 controls don't work with survival horror games: they take the thrill and scare factor away, turning the game into a generic action game, or more like dramatic action.

On the other hand I can't understand how can someone say that Revelations dodge mechanic is a mess when all you need to do is press forward when the enemy is about to attack you. RE6's rolls are ridiculous in comparison.

Because on one hand, you HAVE to do it to get past enemies AT ALL; their grabs are homing and with ridiculous range, you can't just move past them. So you have to stand around, letting enemies get in better positions, and wait until the enemy attacks just to reposition yourself. It makes evasion, and thus defense, a complete mess.

If you want people to escape instead of stand their ground and blast everything, you need to make movement a viable tactic. Avoiding combat is loads more effective in RE6. If you mixed RE6's evasion with SoD's barricading and house defense, you'd barely have to fight at all.
lol assault rifles are machine guns.... d'oh! :P btw so are submgs and anything that has automatic fire.
~squiggy9996999

ZeeDogge
4 years ago#29
IlDanko posted...
Goldsickle posted...
ZGMF_600_Guaiz posted...
In particular RE6 controls don't work with survival horror games

The dodging and melees on command?
They worked well with the Resident Evil: Outbreak series and Silent Hill: Homecoming.

Counters, finishing move melee and stealth kills?
Doesn't detract from the experience in The Last Of Us or Siren: Blood Curse.

So.. come again?

Those doesn't work with horror games, specially when the melees are f******* karate and pro wrestling moves that can kill in one or few hits..

Now if they do it again like outbreak, where the melee is just a simple kick to push the enemies away (like Kevin's kick ) well then it would work...

RE: Revelations had ridiculous melees that killed in one hit too. Break an oozes arms and get near them, charge, and ridiculous wind up punch. Hitting a weakspot and moving in for melee is in RE DNA since RE4, and they have always been ridiculous
~squiggy9996999

User Info: IlDanko

IlDanko
4 years ago#30
ZeeDogge posted...
IlDanko posted...
Goldsickle posted...
ZGMF_600_Guaiz posted...
In particular RE6 controls don't work with survival horror games

The dodging and melees on command?
They worked well with the Resident Evil: Outbreak series and Silent Hill: Homecoming.

Counters, finishing move melee and stealth kills?
Doesn't detract from the experience in The Last Of Us or Siren: Blood Curse.

So.. come again?

Now if they do it again like outbreak, where the melee is just a simple kick to push the enemies away (like Kevin's kick ) well then it would work...

RE: Revelations had ridiculous melees that killed in one hit too. Break an oozes arms and get near them, charge, and ridiculous wind up punch. Hitting a weakspot and moving in for melee is in RE DNA since RE4, and they have always been ridiculous

And thats why 4 killed the series
If I was perfect then this would be easy, either road's plausible, on both i can drown...
PSN: Dan21993
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Why would you want to go back to classic RE...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived