Reviews should not make or break a game..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Reviews should not make or break a game..

User Info: GQVikesFan

GQVikesFan
5 years ago#1
All I am saying is try the game for yourself and make your own judgement of the game. I rented RE6 fearing for the worst but came out pleasanlty surprised so far.. Is it perfect? No.. but I am enjoying it.

User Info: youngbro

youngbro
5 years ago#2
there are cases where Reviews have the right to make or break a game.

like Ninja Gaiden 3

They have no right to sell us an Alpha version of a game at full price like that
Darkness is power. Offer your soul or I will Izuna Drop you
PSN and XBL - TheSchwarr

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
5 years ago#3
youngbro posted...

like Ninja Gaiden 3

They have no right to sell us an Alpha version of a game at full price like that

I get the feeling you don't understand what 'rights' are.
"Haters should work more to appreciate leisure." --QCTeamkill

User Info: Talon5967

Talon5967
5 years ago#4
The problem with that TC, are the people with only just enough spare cash to afford a single game, and there are two or more that they want. They have to chose one, and they'll go to the reviews to decide which one they're going to go with.

There are four games out now or coming out soon that I want. Borderlands 2, RE6, Carrier Command, and Xcom: Enemy Unknown. I haven't picked up Borderlands yet, I have gotten RE6, and I'll be picking up the other two on their release days. I haven't gotten Borderlands because I'm leaving that for Christmas, so I don't have to listen to my mother bugging me for ideas (she believes that you should have an actual present to open on Christmas, and refuses to just give money or gift cards). If I had to choose only one, I would have gone with Xcom.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Gamertag: Talon Omega

User Info: joncoallstar

joncoallstar
5 years ago#5
No but they are there to guide smart people.

Any smart person would at the very least rent this game before buying. There is tension between the gamers with this game. Some say good, some say bad. Mostly bad.

Not everyone has an endless supply of cash, or gets their mommy to buy them every little thing they cry for, Reviews have been VERY helpful for me over the years.

In this case, I saw the gamespot review, rented the game, got bored as hell just like I expected after seeing a review, and turned it off. Saved 55 bucks.

Thank you GameSpot review.

User Info: Lender

Lender
5 years ago#6
^Sounds like you didn't even give the game a chance and was too busy having Gamespot do the thinking for you.
Can you say "the sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick?"

User Info: simonbelmont2

simonbelmont2
5 years ago#7
joncoallstar posted...

Any smart person would at the very least rent this game before buying. There is tension between the gamers with this game. Some say good, some say bad. Mostly bad.

Not everyone has an endless supply of cash, or gets their mommy to buy them every little thing they cry for, Reviews have been VERY helpful for me over the years.

In this case, I saw the gamespot review, rented the game, got bored as hell just like I expected after seeing a review, and turned it off. Saved 55 bucks.

What about the people who disagree with the reviews? IGN gave Godhand a terrible score but most fans loved the game. You may agree with the Gamespot reviewers but not all gamers will. People have different opinions. Also some people earn enough money that they can afford to spend £40 on a game and not break a sweat. Those people are smart enough to know that taking a chance on this game is an affordable risk. Also, the game has a fair amount of positive reviews too. They are not all bad.
Carl Kolchak: You should meet my boss. He'd turn Buddha into a chain smoker.

User Info: deimos91

deimos91
5 years ago#8
youngbro posted...

like Ninja Gaiden 3

Superman64
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951

User Info: deimos91

deimos91
5 years ago#9
joncoallstar posted...

problem there all the negative user reviews all boil down to not old RE it suxxors or says demo sucks so the whole game sucks out of over 2000 reviews thats 90% of them
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951

User Info: NightmanxCometh

NightmanxCometh
5 years ago#10
joncoallstar posted...

A smart person wouldn't let a review impact their decision to buy, period. Also a smart person would know that the internet majority does not represent the IRL majority. I get the feeling that you see yourself as a smart person, which is both funny and little pathetic.
They took you Night Man and you don't belong to them. They left me in a world of darkness without your sexy hands and I miss you, Night Man... so bad.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Reviews should not make or break a game..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived