So fans wanted this game to fail at first

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. So fans wanted this game to fail at first

User Info: Nemerlight

Nemerlight
5 years ago#1
But now that game is getting low scores those same fans are unhappy instead. Im confused what is exactly people want with RE series.
New Orleans Saints

User Info: SodapopVII

SodapopVII
5 years ago#2
I'm confused with this topic. Fans want a good RE title, the end.
Gamefaqs user since 1999.

User Info: simonbelmont2

simonbelmont2
5 years ago#3
Who wanted it to fail? Those people don't sound like fans to me. Surely fans would want a game to be good no?
Carl Kolchak: You should meet my boss. He'd turn Buddha into a chain smoker.

User Info: deimos91

deimos91
5 years ago#4
Nemerlight posted...
But now that game is getting low scores those same fans are unhappy instead. Im confused what is exactly people want with RE series.

IT HAS 4 OUT OF OVER 40 HOW IS THAT LOW OMG UNDER 10% WOOOO HERDADERP LEARN TO LOOK STUFF UP 1ST
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951

User Info: jcrickett

jcrickett
5 years ago#5
This was reserved and highly anticipated for me. Which is probably why I also feel so let down.

Capcom added some of the dumbest ideas ever to this game. It could have been great.

User Info: butsizzle

butsizzle
5 years ago#6
Quote:Nemerlight posted...

IT HAS 4 OUT OF OVER 40 HOW IS THAT LOW OMG UNDER 10% WOOOO HERDADERP LEARN TO LOOK STUFF UP 1ST

@deimos91

I looked up that this game received the same score on Metacritic as NFL Head Coach 09', which is largely considered to be a giant steaming pile of dog s***.

There's nothing wrong with liking bad video games. It's kinda like B-movies, everyone else thinks they're terrible but for some reason you just can't get enough of them.

Only minor difference is that RE went from AAA titles to B titles (if you will).

But don't get mad bro, all that matters is that you like this garbage- er I mean game.

>_>
"Did you just say that you respect pedophiles?" - butsizzle
"Hell yeah." - _Sawyer

User Info: SleepComa

SleepComa
5 years ago#7
What are all the dumb ideas I keep hearing about? How much survival horror is this game compared to the others? Is it really that bad?
GT: MrVoodo0

User Info: Garudin

Garudin
5 years ago#8
Nemerlight posted...

I'd like to see these people you are talking about because I'm pretty sure they don't exist

Yes people who were fans of the original RE series were liking this one and still want RE to return to the old design

Yes people are complaining about the low review scores the game is getting now

No there don't appear to be any person(s) that fall into both those categories
Crowd: Free Tibet, Free Tibet
Peter: I'll take it, hey China I have something you want but it'll cost ya...That's right all the tea

User Info: remaster1989

remaster1989
5 years ago#9
Nemerlight posted...

i never wanted the game to fail...and it did not...scores don't mean crap anymore...the game is a blast

User Info: RE2LeonS

RE2LeonS
5 years ago#10
SodapopVII posted...
I'm confused with this topic. Fans want a good RE title, the end.

Exactly. According to Capcom, RE6 was supposed to be a reboot, it was supposed to please classic and new fans of the series. What was presented was something both sides generally didn't enjoy at all. Personally I was hoping the game would fail, especially after people started comparing it to Operation: Raccoon City. I hope Capcom doesn't hit their 7 million unit mark that they were quoted to saying last year. I hope they fall short by A LOT. Then I can't wait for nobody to buy DMC because nobody wanted a reboot of that either, nobody wants to play a meth head Dante.
My views on DLC, if it takes longer for me to work to pay for it than actually play it, it's not worth it. Don't buy Capcom games! GamerTag - RE2LeonS
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. So fans wanted this game to fail at first

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived