What can we expect for 2013's Resident Evil calendar?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. What can we expect for 2013's Resident Evil calendar?

User Info: TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher
4 years ago#1
Ever since 1996 Capcom has released multiple Resident Evil games every single year, whether they're re-releases or ports. This past year we got 3 new games, the year prior we received updated HD ports of RE4 and C:VX. If you use this as a reference (seems like compiled information on each release) Capcom always has something coming out every year.

http://www.residentevilfan.com/releasedates.asp

So...can we expect news on a brand new entry into the series? Maybe an ORC 2 or...another 3DS title (maybe even a Vita release)? How about some HD ports? Heh, I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom's little "if there's enough interest we might remake RE2" shtick was simply a way to get ideas of what to release RE-related in 2013...

My guess: REORC Gold Edition (or RE6 Gold), Revelations port to the 360/PS3 and at least two more games making it to XBLA (RE2 and RE3 probably, assuming they don't bother remaking 2 and let alone 3...).
Xbox Live Achievement Stats GS: 67,225
Completed Retail: 44. Completed Arcade: 57. GT: TVthePunisher

User Info: UltimateGeth39

UltimateGeth39
4 years ago#2
I cant see them making a sequel to ORC at least not as ORC2 but I would welcome it if they polished the gameplay a bit made it more like the RE6 gameplay.

User Info: Davyyyy

Davyyyy
4 years ago#3
Not much, maybe a lot of DLC for RE 6. i don't think capcom will make more RE games to PS3 and Xbox 360. Maybe a new game for Wii U. As for the 3DS a don't think we wil se that game with Claire in the lead ( forgot the name of it )
Nintendo will pay capcom to make an exclusive Wii U game.

User Info: zepedachemical

zepedachemical
4 years ago#4
Capcom should at least kick it into high gear to make at least one stand alone campaign with Jill, Claire, or Rebecca for the ones obsessed with her. At least a couple more maps for mercs. Not sure about the multiplayer dlc's though.

There's plenty of good that Cap can do for this game.
China Tomate Madre Foca

User Info: Nightbird_X

Nightbird_X
4 years ago#5
Why an ORC sequel? That game was so goddamn terrible.
http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/obama-accepts-osama-bin-laden-donations/
Set to WARNED status for being a Republican on 11/08/2012

UltimateGeth39
4 years ago#6
it was'nt terrible it just was'nt as polished as it should have been if there is a sequel they should let the people who made revelations handle it then we might get the following
Raid mode
Weapon customisation(to an extent)
more survival horror.

User Info: Cactuar

Cactuar
4 years ago#7
I for one would like to see an Xbox Live/PSN release of RE Outbreak 1 and 2. Yeah it was kind of hit or miss with some people, but with the online capabilities we have currently I think these games would be a lot of fun to play... plus I never got to play them online on PS2.
Who's ready to pound some plastic?

User Info: Ada4ever

Ada4ever
4 years ago#8
They might do dlc like RE5 like the Jill extra mission
"The more things change, the more they stay the same" Ada Wong

UltimateGeth39
4 years ago#9
Dare I hope
<_<
>_>
<_<
Outbreak 3.

User Info: TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher
4 years ago#10
I sadly never got an opportunity myself to play Outbreak 1 or 2 online. I did have the games during the online service however I only ever played single-player (man was I missing out). The AI of course is horrendous (not the worst of Capcom's, see Dead Rising 1 for the worst AI in a Capcom game) and overall I love co-op experiences...

Outbreak 1 and 2 would be AMAZING and I'm sure they'd sell indefinitely, many fans who loved it on the PS2 days would get it for 360/PS3. Though I don't doubt a retail release in Japan for it, as I actually imported Biohazard: Revival Selection to include in my collection =).
Xbox Live Achievement Stats GS: 71,040
Completed Retail: 47. Completed Arcade: 57. GT: TVthePunisher
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. What can we expect for 2013's Resident Evil calendar?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived