Resident Evil 5 or 6?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Resident Evil 5 or 6?

User Info: harrykid1

harrykid1
4 years ago#1
Hey guys I need a little help deciding between Resident Evil 5 or 6. Heres my history of past RE games
Resident Evil DS - loved it finished it
RE3 DC liked story kinda short though
Code Veronica DC finished disc one but cheated with infinite ammo :(
RE4 PS2 played alot but never finished I lent it to some guy and never got it back 4 years ago
I also dont have gold or anyone to play with so Ill only play the single player. I also thought the vechile missions in RE6 look really cool

User Info: Dy_WarriorsXoXo

Dy_WarriorsXoXo
4 years ago#2
Vehicle missions are alright in 6.

Did you like 4? 5 is basically that game in an Africa setting with an amazing final boss.

Mercenaries mode in that game is a lot more featured.

Personally 6 is better imo. I mean it has much more content.

If money is not an issue than look into Revelations. It has a lot more of the old Resident Evil vibe... By old I do not mean Resident Evil 1 but more along the lines of Code Veronica.
Revelations also has Raid mode (good fun)
Leon's campaign in 6 is amazing imo.

harrykid1
4 years ago#3
Money kind of is an issue I was really attracted to GameStop only wanting $10 for Resident evil 5 I liked 4 but which is less complicated? I hated that hard confusing ammo mixing stuff in RE3

User Info: DarkD3stiny

DarkD3stiny
4 years ago#4
Play both demos.
Must see topic about XBOne and devastating effects for future if XBOne is successful :- http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66485479

User Info: Meagamaster

Meagamaster
4 years ago#5
DarkD3stiny posted...
Play both demos.

This. But I recommend getting 5. The story is stronger than this game and it is pretty solid. If you are dieing to play 6 then I recommend waiting for a HUGE price drop before purchase. If you want a better horror experience with solid gameplay then you cant go wrong with Revelations.
GOLF IS LIFE
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig

harrykid1
4 years ago#6
I was going to get it for 3ds a while ago but then I was like ahh screw it they`ll just make a console version thats way better anyways

User Info: Meagamaster

Meagamaster
4 years ago#7
harrykid1 posted...
I was going to get it for 3ds a while ago but then I was like ahh screw it they`ll just make a console version thats way better anyways

I haven't played the demo for the console version. but you should get the 3ds version regardless. Its a fantastic game even without all the new niffty bells and whistles
GOLF IS LIFE
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig

User Info: Shiroyasha999

Shiroyasha999
4 years ago#8
Honestly, RE5 wasnt like a Resident Evil anymore, when I played it, but then RE6 is much worse

User Info: tadmfpole

tadmfpole
4 years ago#9
I recommend 6, much more content and a better game overall.
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned

User Info: jpv2000

jpv2000
4 years ago#10
harrykid1 posted...

And now they have. Revelations is now my second favorite game of all time, REmake is still my number one.

So I would recommend you buy Revelations, (Be sure to get the "Lost in Nightmares" DLC) RE 5 and then RE 6. I love them all.
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Resident Evil 5 or 6?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived