Double movement, concentration or anti intercept?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Senjou no Valkyria 3
  3. Double movement, concentration or anti intercept?

User Info: lunajenny

lunajenny
2 years ago#1
I'm having a hard time deciding which ones to get, here's what I came up with please tell me what you think

Scouts - always double movement, thats the whole point of them for me. Maybe one with concentration in case I dont need to get all that far but will need to kill someone

Shocktroopers - half AI half DM. This way I have some gauntlet runners and some base rushers. Maybe have one with concentration for base defence like that drunkard guy

Lancers - Half Ai half DM. This way I can rush some through tank fire for the radiator but I have some mobile lancers for when I need to rush them a fair distance

Engineers - Half and half again I think, I can rush one through gun fire to rescue a low HP character or rush one long distances

AT - DM always, I use these guys for tanking, crate breaking and mine disarming. AI is useless for holding a position, only for rushing one and with their shields they dont get hit much, theyre slow so I need them to move position quickly

Sniper - Concentration always, maybe one with double movement just in case I want to rush to a vantage point

Fencer - AI always, those shields offer about as much protection as a good luck charm. Maybe one with DM in case I know I wont be getting shot at

Does this sound good? I'm still fairly early in the game
GT: Kyrie Kaneko
Yes I believe in the Dark Lord. He is our Saviour.

User Info: ExtrTerrestrial

ExtrTerrestrial
2 years ago#2
If I were you, I wouldn't think too much about potentials. The weapons etc. you will be getting will at the end become so OP, also in post game, that it really doesn't matter if you have double movement and not. Also consider that the morale is important for a potential to trigger. The right potentials are not the things you lack, if you happen to fail.

lunajenny
2 years ago#3
Yeah. The potentials are very random and unreliable it seems. I'm mainly just being OCD lol

lunajenny
2 years ago#4
By the way I just unlocked Riela's special. Is it just me or does it kinda suck? I couldnt even kill a crouching trooper in 1 hit with it whereas Imca could've killed 10 for the same cost! Does it get better or is this all she has to offer?

User Info: Cosmic

Cosmic
2 years ago#5
The problem I have with Potentials in this game is that they're all the same for each member of the same class. Sure, each character has their own personal Potentials, but they're mostly irrelevant (accuracy up on a Fencer? Okay).

I liked the system in VC2 where each character had different class-specific Potentials, with the ability to add in one more from another sub-class. It served to make the characters feel even more unique (and turned Marion into a badass with Double Attack).

Most of the good Potentials in this game will take you a very long time to get, simply because of the way they're unlocked by requiring multiple classes to be mastered. Double Action is fantastic at high morale, but you have to level up so many classes that you have to ask yourself "do I really want this for more than 1 or 2 characters?" Same with Invincible.

Anti-Intercept should be fine for most units. Critical Shot is handy. Concentration is great, but I prefer Ammo Refill from the Lancer class. Plus the Fencer's Feint potential is great for later in the game when the enemies have super high evasion (because they level up with your characters).
Imagine that.

lunajenny
2 years ago#6
Thankyou again for the reply! I wasn't aware that enemies levelled up with me. I left my durability and evasion at 10 and those other things at lvl 1/2, but my accuracy is lvl 31 now. Am I shooting myself in the foot here? Also is there any way I can make Riela's special suck less? I really expected more, like being able to activate her special then leave her in the middle of an area to mow down enemies with her intercept fire, even Selvaria with the Ruhm at Ghirlandio was better than this!

User Info: Cosmic

Cosmic
2 years ago#7
To be completely honest, I used Riela's Valkyrie mode maybe twice all game, tops. Kurt and Imca get way better specials. For me Riela was just a base rusher and not an offensive threat until the later weapons were available.

In training, as you level up HP, Accuracy, and Evasion, all of the enemies in the game get a boost as well. It's not very much, sometimes not even a 1:1 ratio, but that's true for your characters as well. For example, an innately low-Evasion playable character will not receive +50 to Evasion even if you level Evasion up to 50, which is the max. It works the same way for enemies. You can test this for yourself by entering any battle in the game, making note of all the enemy stats, then leave (or win) the battle and then level up the stats in training by several levels, then go back to that same battle and you'll see the enemies all now have slightly more HP, Accuracy, and Evasion.

I have no idea whatsoever if the other things offered in Training also apply to enemies, such as defence up, or damage vs personnel and armoured units, but they might. I know not how to confirm that.
Imagine that.

User Info: AnnihilatorSol

AnnihilatorSol
2 years ago#8
Cosmic posted...
To be completely honest, I used Riela's Valkyrie mode maybe twice all game, tops. Kurt and Imca get way better specials. For me Riela was just a base rusher and not an offensive threat until the later weapons were available.

In training, as you level up HP, Accuracy, and Evasion, all of the enemies in the game get a boost as well. It's not very much, sometimes not even a 1:1 ratio, but that's true for your characters as well. For example, an innately low-Evasion playable character will not receive +50 to Evasion even if you level Evasion up to 50, which is the max. It works the same way for enemies. You can test this for yourself by entering any battle in the game, making note of all the enemy stats, then leave (or win) the battle and then level up the stats in training by several levels, then go back to that same battle and you'll see the enemies all now have slightly more HP, Accuracy, and Evasion.

I have no idea whatsoever if the other things offered in Training also apply to enemies, such as defence up, or damage vs personnel and armoured units, but they might. I know not how to confirm that.

Wow that sucks, so is it better to keep stats at minimum then? Like FF8? I've always hated scaling -.-

ExtrTerrestrial
2 years ago#9
AnnihilatorSol posted...
Cosmic posted...

Wow that sucks, so is it better to keep stats at minimum then? Like FF8? I've always hated scaling -.-

not really. I am at endgame with level 40 stats and it is has not become super frustrating. Well I also have OP gear

ExtrTerrestrial
2 years ago#10
Also the late game 5 star enemies have ZM Kar 8 - 9. wit 60 hp per shot damage. You don't want to be low leveled
  1. Boards
  2. Senjou no Valkyria 3
  3. Double movement, concentration or anti intercept?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived