Sad this game wa never officially translated, best of the series. even sadder

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Senjou no Valkyria 3
  3. Sad this game wa never officially translated, best of the series. even sadder

User Info: Davjat

Davjat
1 year ago#1
I can't understand that after 3 games they did not figure out how stupid the broken "evasion" system is.Every time I play VC I end up shutting it off in disgust at some point after what was once strategic combat becomes dice rolls for who evades and who doesn't. So unbelievably stupid. Everything else is awesome though/. But it's like a wonderfully cooked filet mignon with sauteed truffles but as soon as you sit down to take a bite the waiter spits a giant loogie on top of it. Grrrrrrrr.
In Godgers we trust.

User Info: Tarathiel3

Tarathiel3
1 year ago#2
That's why I'm playing on an emulator with memory saves.

Davjat
1 year ago#3
Ya, that's a good idea. It wouldn't be a big deal if it were just aces and maybe the heavy armors but every tom dick and harry dodging hundreds of bullets sprayed at them at point blank range i jut so mindbogglingly frustrating and stupid.
In Godgers we trust.

User Info: ThatSageGuy

ThatSageGuy
1 year ago#4
Yea that's one thing I never liked about the series. It's rarely a question of accuracy, and more of "will they dodge?". I had one time where the enemy dodged my attack 3 times in a row before I could kill them. And best in the series? It will be hard to beat the 1st game.
It's free to play after you buy it. That's F2P genius. ~ Brutal_Felix
If it ain't broken, GameFAQs still tries to fix it. FC: 5043-1666-5680

Davjat
1 year ago#5
ThatSageGuy posted...
Yea that's one thing I never liked about the series. It's rarely a question of accuracy, and more of "will they dodge?". I had one time where the enemy dodged my attack 3 times in a row before I could kill them. And best in the series? It will be hard to beat the 1st game.

Ya, I like the third one a lot better because you will really be challenged to just survive some missions, let alone S rank them on your first time through the game. VC1/VC2 was waaaay too easy. In 3 when you hear calamity raven is involved in the net mission, you will be like "oh crap".The post games has a couple of really challenges maps, too. They fixed it so you can't farm up a bunch of ace drops---one and one only. The job system is super cool. Anyone can be anything,, which is incredibly awesome.

I had ace joshunou dodge 5 attacks once Crazy. What really drives me nuts about evade is they can even freaking evade a grenade tossed at their feet! Yes, diving on top of a grenade is a great way to evade it's blast wave. They still take some damage . But still. So damn stupid. . And then give scout like 200 degree vision so it's like impossible to sneak up on them.

So the best strategies for dealing with evasion are: sneaking up on them or shooting from inside a patch of grass/ You can't do it often but it works. hitting them with the tank and trying to turn them around to sneak in behind them. Then there is the brute force method... get the most powerful machine gun and keep the gunner buffed and aim at the enemies kneecaps at point blank range. This last one is the mot reliable and that same gunner will often be able to take out tanks in one shot if they get to the radiators.
In Godgers we trust.
  1. Boards
  2. Senjou no Valkyria 3
  3. Sad this game wa never officially translated, best of the series. even sadder

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Not getting a potential?punnett25/16 10:28AM