A few questions.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Kashell Triumph

Kashell Triumph
1 year ago#1
I'm on Chapter 4 of this game and, so far, really enjoying it. It's a damn shame that it never got localized. I had a few questions because I feel like I'm not performing as well as I did in the first two VCs.

1. Where does it say which class the team members prefer? I can't seem to find that.

2. My units don't seem to be learning potentials. Are these something that need grinding?

3. Speaking of, the Master Table is slightly confusing. Is there a guide somewhere explaining it's nuances. I'm sure it's easier than it looks.

4. I haven't been using Engineers or those hammer wielders; I've mainly been using Scouts, STs, and Lancers. Should I give those troops some playing time?

Despite me not doing so well, I've been having a great time playing another entry in this underrated series. Thanks for any help!
The new Reader Review system for GameFAQs.com looks juvenile and tacky. If you're a mod reading my sig, change it back.
PSN: Growllanser. 3DS: 5370-0558-3244

User Info: SteadyShark

SteadyShark
1 year ago#2
1. When you try to change classes you'll notice that each character will have bonus stats for certain classes. These are the classes that they naturally prefer.

2. Some are story and character-story unlocked. Also, the more you select/use a character, the more potentially you'll unlock for them.

On the main map screen you can select between story and side stories (and dlc).
XBL/PSN/WiiU = SteadiestShark - 3DS: 3866-8210-5918
http://www.youtube.com/djquackquack

Kashell Triumph
1 year ago#3
Thanks. I'll keep that all in mind.

I got an S ranking on the last two story missions which really surprised me. XD
The new Reader Review system for GameFAQs.com looks juvenile and tacky. If you're a mod reading my sig, change it back.

User Info: wintersgravity

wintersgravity
1 year ago#4
1. Basically what SteadyShark said.

2. If you’re referring to Personal Potentials, they’ll be unlocked/upgraded through character Fragment missions (use characters a lot to unlock these). If you’re referring to Battle Potentials, they need to meet certain conditions in battle to be unlocked. First, you need to have the right class level. An elite level potential won’t unlock if you’re still a basic level class (although you can be at elite level and unlock a basic level potential in that class). Second, you have to unlock them by being in the condition they would be if used regularly. So for example, you might get a bonus if you crouch, so you have to keep crouching until it unlocks. Another potential might unlock by being shot at the enemy through interception fire. A lot of battle potentials are also unlocked just by using CP and selecting a character.

3. For now it just shows you what potentials you’ve learned. Hover your cursor over each node to see what battle potentials there are for each class. Notice there are also white nodes. When their adjacent potentials are unlocked, you get a new, often much better battle potential, but that takes time, and you need to have potentials unlocked from different classes. When you’ve fulfilled the requirements for unlocking these hidden potentials (ie when you’ve unlocked the adjacent nodes of the white ones), check back to get the hidden potentials.

4. Engineers are a lifesaver… literally! Their ability to resurrect you after being downed is really helpful, and later when you get them to their highest tier, they can use buffs, which is really handy. The hammer wielder class is admittedly weak and slow, but still useful later in the game because the shield expands and can protect against gunfire. Still, I finished the game with my only armored tech user still at the basic level, because he was only defending bases.

Kashell Triumph
1 year ago#5
Great! Thanks for the help!
The new Reader Review system for GameFAQs.com looks juvenile and tacky. If you're in charge, change it back.

User Info: wintersgravity

wintersgravity
1 year ago#6
No problem. Anything else, feel free to ask away!

Kashell Triumph
1 year ago#7
wintersgravity posted...
No problem. Anything else, feel free to ask away!

Just thought of one more. Is it possible to earn an S in that final mission on chapter 4? I scraped by with a B.
The new Reader Review system for GameFAQs.com looks juvenile and tacky. If you're in charge, change it back.

User Info: GamerInJapan

GamerInJapan
1 year ago#8
you can get S rank on your first playthrough at any stage. Some stages require luck and strategy to do so. Check https://valkyriachronicles3.wordpress.com/ for tips, and links to playthrough videos.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived