Are firebombs a cheap way to beat invaders?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Are firebombs a cheap way to beat invaders?

User Info: Kinetical

Kinetical
5 years ago#1
Started a new game because I accidently attacked one of the blacksmiths and didn't know he could forgive me blah blah blah killed him.

Anyway, no more than an 30 minutes into my new game and I get invaded twice.

First time by a small little player with a katana, then next by some big magic type of player who could drain my shield power then throw lighting balls at me.

Either way, I won. Fire bombed them both because all I had was a morning star. But I'm sure this tactic is frowned upon?
PSN: Orlious

User Info: GreenKemist

GreenKemist
5 years ago#2
Frowned upon? Hah! If anything I imagine you're a hero to many of the low level grief'ed! Strong work and keep hucking firebombs!
"Most scientists don't choose to be, they have to be."
Rockstar in theory, chemist in reality...

User Info: hokieneer

hokieneer
5 years ago#3
The way I see it, outside of "regulated" duels in Kiln, nothing is frowned upon when trying to protect yourself and game from invaders. ESP if those invaders are low-level griefers.

User Info: Demonhonor

Demonhonor
5 years ago#4
At low levels do whatever it takes to protect yourself. Your best defence is learning about pvp and getting a hold of a decent weapon.

User Info: Kinetical

Kinetical
5 years ago#5
I say frowned upon because some could see it as being chicken, Besides, isn't being invaded random?

Like you don't get to choose who you invade, so its a risk to invade in the first place?
PSN: Orlious

User Info: bluefunky

bluefunky
5 years ago#6

Awesome.  I'm level 107 but I still lose nearly every invasion, either way, so imma buy a truck load of bombs!

User Info: SamoDaJerbal

SamoDaJerbal
5 years ago#7
nope. darkwraith = anything goes. and they're probably using ridiculous lightning weapons anyway.

dung is pretty useful against griefers too.
PSN: PowerBeard
Don't give up, Don't give in... Without a beard you will never win.

User Info: sirch98

sirch98
5 years ago#8
SamoDaJerbal posted...
nope. darkwraith = anything goes. and they're probably using ridiculous lightning weapons anyway.

dung is pretty useful against griefers too.

tee-hee, he said dung...

Yeah I'm a darkwraith, but I hate it when I get a lower level or someone who doesn't know how to pvp ie. holding shield up with lock on or jump attacking in a narrow hallway..
I love how your first instinct isn't to try talking to him again, but to come whine on gamefaqs.-Caliburn1989

User Info: Demonhonor

Demonhonor
5 years ago#9
bluefunky posted...
Awesome. I'm level 107 but I still lose nearly every invasion, either way, so imma buy a truck load of bombs!

See how far throwing fire bombs takes you at 107.

User Info: bluefunky

bluefunky
5 years ago#10

Demonhonor posted...
bluefunky posted...
Awesome. I'm level 107 but I still lose nearly every invasion, either way, so imma buy a truck load of bombs!

See how far throwing fire bombs takes you at 107.

Nothing else is working for me against backstabbers, lolgangbangers and twinks!  I'll try anything once.  I tend to keep away from invasions these days if I can.  The people who have managed to massage their stats and equipment have ruined it.

1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Are firebombs a cheap way to beat invaders?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived