Pure Dex Pyromancer Build

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Pure Dex Pyromancer Build

User Info: falcon182

falcon182
5 years ago#1
Looking to create a pure dex pyro build..
at SL 125 I was thinking it would look like..

Vitality – 50
Attunement – 16
Endurance – 40
Strength – 28
Dexterity – 44
Resistance - 11
Intelligence - 8
Faith - 10

Any suggestion? Also any suggestions for favorite weapons for DEX builds would be greatly appreciated.
*FatesDenial
E/L/SC Add or message me ^_^

User Info: Burst_Stream

Burst_Stream
5 years ago#2
VIT - 41
Attunement - 19
Endurance - 40
Strength - 28
Dexterity - 45
Resistance - Base
Intelligence - 15
Faith - 8

Claymore is pretty good for quality builds like this. Murakumo is also good.
PSN: TekkenSushiEXE
Dark Souls: SL 125, SL 120 (main), SL 1

User Info: eugene1222

eugene1222
5 years ago#3
Keep strength at 27 and add one to dex, unless you wanna one hand heavy ass weapons like the murakumo or the greatsword.

Other than that should be good. Keep 2 pyro gloves on you, one of them unupgraded, and use power within with the unupgraded one to get some badass damage boost.
Young master, i cannot aid one who opposes the master.

User Info: falcon182

falcon182
5 years ago#4
Sounds good but I don't understand keeping an unupgraded and an ugraded pyro glove?
*FatesDenial
E/L/SC Add or message me ^_^

User Info: eugene1222

eugene1222
5 years ago#5
falcon182 posted...
Sounds good but I don't understand keeping an unupgraded and an ugraded pyro glove?

Its because using power within with an upgraded pyro glove drains like 5%hp/sec, while with a non-upgraded its like 1-2%hp/sec, due to the fact that it only scales the hp drain effect, and not the damage boost and stamina regen effects. So yeah. I personally never bother with other pyromancies, so I need only the un-upgraded one (power within is just too good to pass up) but seeing how you are going to be mainly using sorceries, I guess this is the best option. Besides, you get 2 if you pick the pyro as a starter class (one from tutorial and one from laurentius)
Young master, i cannot aid one who opposes the master.

User Info: Aporia_Mage

Aporia_Mage
5 years ago#6
Consider moving 1 point from end into dex.

Also, you describe this as a pure dex build, when it's clearly a q build. If you don't intend to use the Murakumo, or str/q weapons, may as well reduce str to 16.

Pump the rest into vit/att/whatever.

My favourite dex weapons are great scythe, balder side sword and chaos blade. If you plan on keeping the 28/45 spread, make the most of it by using the Murakumo, Washing pole, claymore, pike, or anything else that has C/C scaling or high Str reqs.
Deconstruction is the case.
SSBB FC - 5070-1669-3429

User Info: wpninja

wpninja
5 years ago#7
SL 120 Warrior

V-60
A-12
E-40
S-16
D-45
R-base
I-base
F-base

Main Weapon-Chaos Blade Pyro-Great Combustion and Fire Tempest

This IMHO defines what a pure pyro dex build should be, moving any points to anything else would just be a waste.
No Time 2 Sex, Must Fight Evil!
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Pure Dex Pyromancer Build

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived