DEPRIVED (for your first class)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. DEPRIVED (for your first class)

User Info: sarcasticavenge

sarcasticavenge
5 years ago#1
The game will always be hardest on your first time around so why not make it count. After much consideration I have decided to start with the Deprived class. I find it would be a good challenge and I wont need to worry about finding a weapon for my str build or running into fire resistent monsters with a pyro, I will make a build with whatever I can find, I just hope my skills keep me alive intill i can find or buy some armor. What do you guys think?

User Info: Dark_Oni12398

Dark_Oni12398
5 years ago#2
final destination, 3 stock, no items, fox only!
Welcome to GameFAQ. Please keep you opinions too yourself, type with perfect spelling and grammar and god help you if you state something as fact.

User Info: FullMetal129

FullMetal129
5 years ago#3
I think thats a great idea! I think starting off as a deprived would garner you some sympathy at least. If I ever invaded or was invaded by a deprived I dont know if I would have the heart to kill someone wearing just a loincloth in a world like dark souls.

User Info: Shankis

Shankis
5 years ago#4
I don't want to start on Deprived because they start on a higher level and I don't know if their stat allocation will be what I want.
Cheating problems? I'll prove you're innocent on the witness stand (and help you find another one-night stand)!
Better Call Saul

User Info: Bunnywunny

Bunnywunny
5 years ago#5
deprived is just bad.
they start at a higher level with a awful stat distribution

and gear is plentiful so that is not an issue

I mean i could see if if every class started at like 8-9 with preset stats and deprived was lv1 with evened out stats. It would mean your starting weaker so you can have a blank slate character
but it's exactly the opposite...

plus side though almost all the other classes start out very nicely =)

if you really want to start out with a hard time thief is probably way to go, unless they made sneaking up on monsters work better and gave daggers a better moveset than just mini-scimitar
"Me fail English? that's unpossible"
-Ralph Wiggum

User Info: EWGF

EWGF
5 years ago#6
#1 Theorycraft class. What I'm picking personally.
Origination Black Phantom
PSN: E-W-G-F

sarcasticavenge
5 years ago#7
I find the stats well balanced, everything is at 11 so you can build your character they way you want to on the fly. If I find a good dex weapon I can make a dex build, if I find an awsome spell I can learn it on the spot no mater what spell type it is.

User Info: The_Shader

The_Shader
5 years ago#8
So if Deprived cant equip anything besides 1 crappy shield and 1 crappy sword.... it will be specifically meant for expert players wanting to beat their favorite game on its most difficult setting....

i never played Demon Souls, and i'll need atleast one playthrough before starting a Deprived run.

Besides, your limiting the amount of fun you could have if you just play the game with only a Deprived character....
Conduit2 FC & Alias: Shader 0218-1153-3165
"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" - Happy Mask Salesman

sarcasticavenge
5 years ago#9
" limiting the amount of fun " in dark souls ? thats impossible

User Info: NuuType

NuuType
5 years ago#10
its as good a choice as any, really..

It limits you in that you don't start out with spells, or a bow of the bat. But actually, simplicity can be a virtue in itself.
"Just my 2 though."
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. DEPRIVED (for your first class)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived