The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Can't light bonfire?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Can't light bonfire?

User Info: HellzEnd

HellzEnd
5 years ago#1
I'm in the Duke's Archives and I'm standing at the first bonfire after the boars. There is nothing around me and i've been standing in the silence so long I noticed that there are random whispering voices -_- The "Press X To Light Bonfire" just isn't appearing?
A Busjacking at a time like this?

User Info: crimsonsquad06

crimsonsquad06
5 years ago#2
Usually means there's enemies around.
PSN: Archimedes10

User Info: Drake_Erif

Drake_Erif
5 years ago#3
Happened to me before in a different area (anor londo) thought I was being invaded so I waited a bit and nothing. I just quit the game and reloaded

HellzEnd
5 years ago#4
I tried quitting to the menu and restarting. It didn't work so I quit to the menu and actually closed the game from the XMB and tried again. Still nothing -_- I tried going up the elevator and coming back down and still nothing...

User Info: Oni_Tatsujin

Oni_Tatsujin
5 years ago#5
Check to make sure there's not an enemy around the corner or in the area.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TsEpDS7-Mw
See quote for my gamertag, steam name, and youtube :D

HellzEnd
5 years ago#6
Okay, yea, I only killed one of the boars. I killed it and now I can light it. I wanted to use this bonfire so I could prevent losing my souls.. his default spot is down a huge hallway I figured it was far enough away. Apparently not.

Thanks
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Can't light bonfire?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived