How the hell do you backstab?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. How the hell do you backstab?

User Info: S_Paulik

S_Paulik
6 years ago#1
Every time I sneak up on something and press attack it just does a normal attack, it is starting to annoy the s outta me.
PSN: Otsegus
XBL : Spaulik87

User Info: dorsman84

dorsman84
6 years ago#2
you cant back stab everything but what ive noticed is in this game you amost have to circle a little past the point of being flush with their back THEN hit attack. each enemy is different but once you know the sweet spot it becomes second nature. i backstabbed constantly in sens fortress and other places
PSN, Steam, Xbox Live: pharmy

User Info: Linkinpark03

Linkinpark03
6 years ago#3
Get behind enemy, shield down, HOLD r1
Most Wanted: Shenmue 3, KoTOR 3, Jade Empire 2

User Info: Ezekial

Ezekial
6 years ago#4
I have also noticed that they can't have que'd another action against you yet. It's easy to backstab when they fully miss you, but when you block a hit you'll not have time to backstab.

S_Paulik
6 years ago#5
Hmm guess practice makes perfect. I am at the undead Paris right now where the caster is + the 3 rapier skeletons. Back stab would be nice right about now haha. Thanks guys!

User Info: mmSNAKE

mmSNAKE
6 years ago#6
Wait for them to attack, circle around and sodomize them.
Beatings will continue until morale improves!

User Info: Cheesypoof

Cheesypoof
6 years ago#7
Forgetting to lower the shield is what got me most of the time. I'm pretty confident I'll get a backstab when I make sure to lower my shield.
"My oh my, fools aplenty...that includes me, too." Legault, FE7

User Info: custerke

custerke
6 years ago#8

Just make sure that you're exactly behind the enemy and that you do NOT have your shield up. That's what I was doing wrong in the beginning, I kept my shield up but it doesn't work that way.

It's super easy when you get the hang of it, I'm doing nothing but backstabs right now.

S_Paulik
6 years ago#9
Do you have to be like right on them? The Rapier Skeletons seems to turn around no matter how slow I walk up to them.

User Info: lee__d

lee__d
6 years ago#10
also, i found that i have to have the left stick in the neutral position. if im pushing in a direction, i cant backstab
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. How the hell do you backstab?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived