Does Sin carry over to NG+?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Does Sin carry over to NG+?

User Info: Eromuu

Eromuu
6 years ago#1
Or am I safe slaughtering all the NPCs at the very end of the game?
PSN: Eromu

User Info: mattr901

mattr901
6 years ago#2
Yeah it carried over for me.

User Info: Atrabilious

Atrabilious
6 years ago#3

Sin doesn't carry over.

After killing the gargoyles on NG+ and having a chat with thechap in black tights who likes to laugh a lot for no real reason, I found I had been automatically cleared of all charges/sins from my previous play-through.

User Info: D_RocksPS3

D_RocksPS3
6 years ago#4
Not safe and hey, it's fun knowing you got a bounty on your head >:D After playing the game once, I'm pretty sure anybody will welcome those surprise invasions :)

mattr901
6 years ago#5
What? after I killed gargs and talked to the sin guy he didnt laugh and then clear my sins free.. it was gonna cost me 500k souls to clear it.

Atrabilious
6 years ago#6

Did you join Way of the white for miracles from Petrus, or ask him to abandon covenant first?

By laughing a lot I'm just making a comment on his departure line 'It is only human to sin... EHAHAHAHAHA!. Or something like that.

I had no sin when I first spoke to him, and even made a point to check because I had a boat-load of souls from killing the final boss, and generally slaying things, and intended to clear my name. I asked him to abandon my covenant (Dragon, also under the pretense this would not incur a penalty) and then found out I'd been awarded sin for leaving the covenant.

mattr901
6 years ago#7
sins from first game did carry over to NG+ because I had around 425k penalty in first game and then in NG+ it went up to 500k.

Atrabilious
6 years ago#8

Well, I don't know what to tell you then.

I killed most NPCs pre-end game of my first run-through. Started NG+, blitzed through to Oswald without breaking my covenant, attacking NPC's or doing anything else that would incur penalty, beat down the gargoyles and found out I had no sin accrued.

It wasn't until after I asked him to abandon my covenant that I had been awarded sin again.

1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Does Sin carry over to NG+?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived