- Dark Souls - FAQs and Starting Tips - *Potentially Minor Spoilers*

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. - Dark Souls - FAQs and Starting Tips - *Potentially Minor Spoilers*

User Info: Renegade

Renegade
4 years ago#131
Lieutenant_Fuzz posted...
I lol'd at your response to people who turn the game off. If they're taking away your fun by invading, and you just don't like pvp, turning the system off is a fantastic option and take away their fun!

Say no to compromise and risk-reward systems, spam that power button!

Lol what a joke.

If you're not prepared to play by the rules of the game as per the intent of the developers, play something else. The Souls' series has never been marketed to entitled kiddies, and you're no exception.

But if you're that determined then by all means, continue to shake in your little booties every time another player comes knocking, spamming that power button, gambling on save corruption, and being forced time and time again to have to slink past the mandatory barrage of logos while you wait for your game to load up. Then proceed to continue wasting your time over and over with this process because you refuse to use the legitimate venues provided to negate invasion as a result of having the mentality of an entitled child that can't handle a fair system of compromise.
http://i.imgur.com/PELu7.png [] http://i.imgur.com/Um6Qk.png
~ Nothing ventured, nothing gained. ~
Renegade109 posted...
Lieutenant_Fuzz posted...
I lol'd at your response to people who turn the game off. If they're taking away your fun by invading, and you just don't like pvp, turning the system off is a fantastic option and take away their fun!

Say no to compromise and risk-reward systems, spam that power button!

Lol what a joke.

If you're not prepared to play by the rules of the game as per the intent of the developers, play something else. The Souls' series has never been marketed to entitled kiddies, and you're no exception.

But if you're that determined then by all means, continue to shake in your little booties every time another player comes knocking, spamming that power button, gambling on save corruption, and being forced time and time again to have to slink past the mandatory barrage of logos while you wait for your game to load up. Then proceed to continue wasting your time over and over with this process because you refuse to use the legitimate venues provided to negate invasion as a result of having the mentality of an entitled child that can't handle a fair system of compromise.

Yfw I only play the game for PvP now. I use the dried finger and the red eye orb more than estus flasks.

Sorry about your butt, it seems a little hurt.
PSN: ShankerOfFaces
What are you, casul?

User Info: Renegade

Renegade
4 years ago#133
You are ignoring 2 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.

Oops!

I'm sorry. My patience for dealing with the average dime-a-dozen 13 year-old that thinks being witty involves regurgitating the newest brain-dead iteration of 'umad?' when they no longer have anything coherent to argue is practically non-existent.

Ciao. ; )
http://i.imgur.com/PELu7.png [] http://i.imgur.com/Um6Qk.png
~ Nothing ventured, nothing gained. ~

User Info: Blueaustin97

Blueaustin97
4 years ago#134
why do people blame younger people mostly 10-13 year olds im 15 but i just find it funny if they get beat by them they find a reason to beat them mentaly instead of feeling total lost
psn : Dark souls account : FrostyIce97
Psn:actual acount : Blueaustin97

User Info: shinie_a

shinie_a
4 years ago#135
BloodyRaw posted...
You're probably long gone but I just wanted to thank you for this guide. It has helped me alot during my first playthrough.

This. I started playing this 2 days ago and i'm loving it ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErWVpxkdX_o
skyrim>poop>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dark souls
http://i.imgur.com/YlKm5.gif I don't just give you my two cents, I whip a roll of quarters at you head.
PSN: BlueStar7152 | XBL: ajwmawesome
(message deleted)

User Info: blackhrt

blackhrt
4 years ago#138
I know this sticky hasnt been looked at in a while, but I'll just add this and disappear:

-plan to acquire different weapon types ASAP
-plan to acquire different weapon enhancements ASAP
-use good bonfires. these bonfires you can kindle and they are in a central area beneficial for teleporting back to. bad bonfires are areas where you will have to trek back through several enemies & should not be kindled
-only upgrade selected armor that has specific properties
-keep your humanity level in the double digits and stay human to find summon signs to assist you.
-invasions to a host dither certain features. you cannot heal via estus flasks. bonfires are disabled. the combat area is sectioned off so you cannot move a large distance from the host. any teleport items are disabled. you can use humanity and any "secondary" healing items.
-check the parameter bonus when looking at weapons for the highest upgrades. use weapons with a "C" rating or better, unless there is a specific one you are using in a certain situation.

Hopefully any new players will have better luck with this game than I did.
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."

User Info: R1masher

R1masher
3 years ago#139
R1 was here
R1R1R1R1R1R1

User Info: TheFractured

TheFractured
3 years ago#140
Bump.
PSNs: FracturedMurder, TehJestuh, Fractard420SWAG, QQForMeScrub
I'm a troll.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. - Dark Souls - FAQs and Starting Tips - *Potentially Minor Spoilers*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.