- Dark Souls - FAQs and Starting Tips - *Potentially Minor Spoilers*

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. - Dark Souls - FAQs and Starting Tips - *Potentially Minor Spoilers*

User Info: Tovical

Tovical
1 year ago#161
I guess this thread is probably just gathering dust by now, but I wanted to say that the original tips were immensely helpful (I didn't read many of the additional comments, to avoid spoilers).

I first played DS2, so making the adjustment to DS1 was proving frustrating - I wonder how many players, like me, never noticed the up-stairs in Firelink Shrine and wasted a few hours in the cemetery going "I know the game is supposed to be hard, but come on."

In particular, the breakpoints for equip load were helpful since that works differently than DS2 (which I only ever played after it had been out for years, and thus patched up).

Anyways, if you're still out there, OP, I just wanted you to know someone still got some use out of this, even years later. Very much appreciated.
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: JakeCoptom

JakeCoptom
1 year ago#162
Tovical posted...
I wonder how many players, like me, never noticed the up-stairs in Firelink Shrine and wasted a few hours in the cemetery going "I know the game is supposed to be hard, but come on."

I did the same thing. This was almost the moment when I was gonna give up on dark souls and claim it a crappy game, luckily I figured out where I'm 'supposed to go' and played this game for countless hours over the years.
3497 0596 1010
3DS friend code
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: Hakuouki

Hakuouki
7 months ago#163
JakeCoptom posted...
Tovical posted...
I wonder how many players, like me, never noticed the up-stairs in Firelink Shrine and wasted a few hours in the cemetery going "I know the game is supposed to be hard, but come on."

I did the same thing. This was almost the moment when I was gonna give up on dark souls and claim it a crappy game, luckily I figured out where I'm 'supposed to go' and played this game for countless hours over the years.

Same here I went down to the ruins and kept getting killed by ghosts when I first got thr game

User Info: GhostieBro11

GhostieBro11
7 months ago#164
Any strats for Sen's Fortress?

It's insanely difficult, I feel underleveled with my +3 broadsword at level 20-something.

I thought I would do good since I played DS2 and beat it six times, but it is... Very different.
PSN: CominDenominator
Come and take it.

User Info: OutFromUndr

OutFromUndr
7 months ago#165
Note: When using a two-handed grip (triangle button), your Strength figure becomes 1.5x its original value. If you have 16 Strength in one-hand grip, then you will have an equivalent of 24 Strength when two-handing. This is important to remember when designing stat spreads for optimised builds.

This is an immensely helpful tip that will affect how I build my character. Does it work like this in the later games as well? And does this also apply to dexterity (not sure if I'll ever want/need to 2 hand a dexterity weapon, but still curious)?
PSN: TMIB311
XBL: Tommot67

User Info: McSwordy

McSwordy
7 months ago#166
OutFromUndr posted...
Note: When using a two-handed grip (triangle button), your Strength figure becomes 1.5x its original value. If you have 16 Strength in one-hand grip, then you will have an equivalent of 24 Strength when two-handing. This is important to remember when designing stat spreads for optimised builds.

This is an immensely helpful tip that will affect how I build my character. Does it work like this in the later games as well? And does this also apply to dexterity (not sure if I'll ever want/need to 2 hand a dexterity weapon, but still curious)?

No it doesn't work for dex and yes I believe dks2 and 3 follow suit

User Info: blackhrt

blackhrt
7 months ago#167
even if it did, it wouldn't be as much of a crazy change as you'd think.
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."

User Info: Gothamyte

Gothamyte
6 months ago#168
Could someone summon me at
Sunlight Altar and drop me the Moonlight Greatsword, I'd deeply appreciate it;) I'm soul level 178. P.s. I play on PS3, username is Gothamyte.

User Info: McSwordy

McSwordy
6 months ago#169
Gothamyte posted...
Could someone summon me at
Sunlight Altar and drop me the Moonlight Greatsword, I'd deeply appreciate it;) I'm soul level 178. P.s. I play on PS3, username is Gothamyte.

Add SirMcSwordy
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. - Dark Souls - FAQs and Starting Tips - *Potentially Minor Spoilers*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.