Best upgrade path to get the most out of Great Scythe?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Best upgrade path to get the most out of Great Scythe?

User Info: t3tr1s_

t3tr1s_
5 years ago#1
I'm rolling with a DEX build and am wondering what upgrade path I should take to optimize this weapon. I'm also trying to figure out around how much DEX I should have by 120 to optimize this weapon.

VIT: 50
ATT: 8
END: 40
STR: 14
DEX: ?
RES: 11
INT: 9
FAI: 9

I'm thinking this is what I'll look like for the most part, but am wondering to what extent my DEX should be raised to.

t3tr1s_
5 years ago#2
Surely someone can at least lead me on the right upgrade path?

User Info: ringogniringo

ringogniringo
5 years ago#3
Lightning great scythe is pretty awesome. But extra DEX won't make it do more damage.

User Info: Sword-Demon

Sword-Demon
5 years ago#4
for a dex build, the normal upgrade would be best, as it already scales well with dex

a warrior with those stats would give you 61 dex at SL120, which might be a bit much. maybe invest in a little int or faith for a buff spell

User Info: bopjo1

bopjo1
5 years ago#5

I went with the lightening great scythe since it gives large damage fairly early in the game.

User Info: someshorty17

someshorty17
5 years ago#6
You can also make a Life Hunt out of it. Probably the best path for it against organic enemies.
XBL: Jayce Killa86

User Info: jayblahx

jayblahx
5 years ago#7
Do not make a Lifehunt Scythe out of a Great Scythe. You only get one Great Scythe per playthrough, and it's a solid weapon with advantages to the Lifehunt Scythe, including range. Make a Lifehunt Scythe out of a whip or halberd.
Add me! PSN ID: Jayblah - Dark Souls: SL 120 (Non-Scaling VIT Gouge), 125 (DEX/FAI), & 130 (STR/INT)

t3tr1s_
5 years ago#8
I'm really trying to figure out what to upgrade for PvP. Would it be more worthwhile to +15 it or go with an elemental path?

User Info: TMRaven

TMRaven
5 years ago#9
Just +15 it. +15 will get the most damage output. Also, since all the good moves for Great Scythe are R2s anyways, the poking ability will be good. It'll only take 3 or so R2s to kill a person provided they aren't shielding.

t3tr1s_
5 years ago#10
Raven, what should my DEX be at for SL 120? If I have a lot of extra points what should I invest in?
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Best upgrade path to get the most out of Great Scythe?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived