Strength Build

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Strength Build

User Info: Nate545

Nate545
5 years ago#1
So im starting a strength build. Want to make a 120-125 SL character. I like to PvP and I don't like pyromancy so any advice on where I should put my stats and how much should I put into strength?
GT "NATHAN245"

User Info: NashtheLion

NashtheLion
5 years ago#2
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls?search=Strength+build

And the threads at the top.
I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit. - Bill Hicks

Nate545
5 years ago#3
I prefer a couple opinions.
GT "NATHAN245"

Nate545
5 years ago#4
I thought you were talking about the other thread at the top lol, the sticked one.
GT "NATHAN245"

NashtheLion
5 years ago#5
>_>
That link is full of threads OF opinions. It's what I used to find info on my current Strength build.

Dear Gamefaqs,

Please remove search bar. It only serves me, apparently.
I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit. - Bill Hicks

Nate545
5 years ago#6
I clicked the link and then found out that. At first I thought it was just my thread since it said strength build and that's the title of my thread.
GT "NATHAN245"

NashtheLion
5 years ago#7
http://i.imgur.com/1ToIO.gif

User Info: RuneMaster no2

RuneMaster no2
5 years ago#8
To answer your question, you have to make a decision on whether you plan to be two-handing or one-handing a lot. Strength stops scaling well after 40, so the only reason to bring it up to 50 is to use a select few weapons with super duper high requirements.

If you only plan to ever two-hand, then 27/28 Str is fine because when you two hand you artificially create a situation where your Str is 1.5x higher, or in other words 40.

There is a benefit to one-handin though and it is that you have full access to your weapons movesets and greatshields can be used.

Unless you plan on using a specific weapon you should not bring your strength above 40.
"Wait how did Delita destroyed history?" - ULoki

Nate545
5 years ago#9
Thanks man! Hmm I do like the look of the Iron Golem Axe but I think it's S 32. I've seen it in action also.

I'm thinking about a iron golem or iron Tarik's build!
GT "NATHAN245"

User Info: RuneMaster no2

RuneMaster no2
5 years ago#10
No prob.

I think the Black Knight Great Axe is pretty dern sweet but it gets a lot of hate from the community because of how fast and damaging it is.

Claymore is a popular choice because it's sprinting r1 is very good at hitting around shields and with a str/dex build it can do some very nice damage.

Another great str choice is the man-serpent greatsword because of it's A-scaling in strength.

EDIT: Awesome resource: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Weapons
"Wait how did Delita destroyed history?" - ULoki
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Strength Build

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived