Did any boss make you stop playing the game for a while?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Did any boss make you stop playing the game for a while?

User Info: Yukianase

Yukianase
4 years ago#11
When i first got the game. I could not beat the gargoyles and im the kinda guy who goes thru his first play thru. I quit for a week are 2 now i can beat the game so fast in 1 day
(>'_')> FALCON PUNCH! <('_'<)

User Info: mindandsoul

mindandsoul
4 years ago#12
You will laugh..the hardest boss i struggled with LOADS was demon firesage....took me soooo many attempts to get him down.

User Info: Absolute_cyn

Absolute_cyn
4 years ago#13
i have some kind of masochistic side of me where i will never give up on a game because it gets hard, i will sit there for hours and hours just failing until i get it right, if i cant do it i'll go to bed wake up and do it first try.

like the shadow temple for instance, (good example) that thing tore me a new one as a kid but for some reason i wouldnt give up, i just don't like the idea of the game beating me.
GT: Artorias479

User Info: Dawn and Dusk

Dawn and Dusk
4 years ago#14
The indoors portion of Sen's Fortress, first time through. Much harder platforming boss than Bed of Chaos.

User Info: Mally11

Mally11
4 years ago#15
Protip for four kings:

- Use crystal halberd from Anor Londo
- Apply Havels EVERYTHING.
- Apply Iron Flesh
- ???
- profit

Though no boss made me quit the game for some reason fighting the Stray Demon for the first time at level 20-30 was nearly the most rage inducing thing. That fire blast though. .____.

User Info: R1masher

R1masher
4 years ago#16
... My wife
R1R1R1R1R1R1

User Info: kissel235

kissel235
4 years ago#17
Well Knight Artorias took me a week to beat because I would get so pissed at myself for being a dumbass about dodging and getting greedy with the attacks and I pretty much had to turn the game off or I woulda broke something.

Now I'm stuck on Gwyn. I don't want to parry him because I didn't even mean to read that parrying him is easysauce, so only because I went through about 95% of the game without any help at all, I want to make Gwyn more of a challenge.

I feel bad about looking up a few different things, but none of them really ruined any of the surprises for me. Just things like a strategy on cutting off Seath's Tail and whether or not you can cut off Manus's tail.
Athlon X4 640 | 4GB DDR3 A-DATA 1600 | PowerColor 5770 | ASUS M4A87TD EVO | Rosewill Challenger. | Raidmax 550W | DeathAdder

User Info: Nicodaemos

Nicodaemos
4 years ago#18
Whenever it's time to go kill Bed of Chaos I usually just lost interest and then start a new character.
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer

User Info: ColdNordGamer

ColdNordGamer
4 years ago#19
Well right now Im trying to beat the scaleless one with a broken sword hilt, might give that up though, but I wont stop playing the game....
psn happythomas100
Had to be me. Someone else might get it wrong.

User Info: haarlem1982

haarlem1982
4 years ago#20
Well, no boss really, but on my first playthrough I got cursed ib the sewers, this was pre patch 1.03, so the only way to get rid of it was to go to the guy in New Londo, anyway, I reached Blighttown and after about a million tries I finally reached the poison lake, only to have the poison kill me 2 steps before the bonfire...

I punched a hole in my door and started a new character.
You need people like me so you can point your f***ing fingers, and say: that's the bad guy.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Did any boss make you stop playing the game for a while?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived