Why do people get so mad when they bow and get backstabbed?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Why do people get so mad when they bow and get backstabbed?

User Info: Tmk

Tmk
4 years ago#21
just because he lost on a video game.

That isn't the reason, and if you really think that's why he's upset with you you're incredibly thick.
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)

User Info: NovaLevossida

NovaLevossida
4 years ago#22
What I find aggravating is when someone bows like they want to duel but then they go flasking (usually after I've been knocked to the ground). After which, I'll run through a crowd of enemies, heal up, and plot the quickest way to kill them.
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels
(message deleted)

User Info: boy_luck

boy_luck
4 years ago#24
Good for you TC, I also backstab people who bow. This game is not about honor, it's about being a d***bag. I mean, the game was designed for you to be one.
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers
Nathan Drake: Manly beauty embodied.

User Info: MrSmi7h

MrSmi7h
4 years ago#25
The moonlight knight posted...
just because he lost on a video game.

That isn't the reason, and if you really think that's why he's upset with you you're incredibly thick.

User Info: GreatKiraLord

GreatKiraLord
4 years ago#26
bopjo1 posted...
If you invade and it's just the host standing around then it's kind of obvious there's a 1v1 situation. Bowing is appropriate in that scenario, IMO...

Bopjo means give me food in Korean

:)

User Info: bopjo1

bopjo1
4 years ago#27
If someone backstabs me while I'm bowing in a 1v1 situation, I just stand there and let them kill me. No resistance. No fight. Then I de-hollow again at the bonfire and wait for someone to invade who wants a straight up fight. In my experience, bow bs'ers are few and far between The vast majority of the time I get fair fights.

User Info: bopjo1

bopjo1
4 years ago#28
Bopjo means give me food in Korean

:)

Cool! For me it means beBOP banJO....

User Info: dthomas125

dthomas125
4 years ago#29
boy_luck posted...
Good for you TC, I also backstab people who bow. This game is not about honor, it's about being a d***bag. I mean, the game was designed for you to be one.

False.

The game is designed to give players choices. D-bags choose to be d-bags, people that want to have an honorable duel have that choice as well. I think this game is a great depiction of human society at large.

D-bags will continue to troll. People with Honor will continue to proceed as they see fit.
PSN - dthomas125 - I think myself that we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious.

User Info: Spectre_v13

Spectre_v13
4 years ago#30
Reminded of a match I had in the forest the other day.

Expecting a ganking I backed up when the host and a summon came at me. After a while the host just stood there and just the summon edged towards me before bowing.

'Aha!' I thought. 'Tis the first honourable duel in the forest!' And promptly bowed back.

The summon finished his animation just as I started and came up to backstab me, all I could do was sit there and watch the screen.

Somewhat fittingly I was in the middle of the animation where the character bends over just as he penetrated me. Though to be honest I laughed.
PSN: Spectre_v13
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Why do people get so mad when they bow and get backstabbed?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived