Master Key opinion

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Master Key opinion

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
4 years ago#21
If you want to challenge yourself - pick anything that doesn't say "Master Key", that way you can truly explore the world of Dark Souls. Otherwise, you can always purchase it later. It's a win-win if anything.

I chose the Master Key for my first playthrough and it really taught me where not to go, yada yada. So, yeah.
Currently Playing: RE5: Gold Edition(PS3) | RE6 (PS3) | Dark Souls (PS3)
PSN-ID: nintendofied

User Info: Mosgus

Mosgus
4 years ago#22
Key is always worth it, 100% of the time, no matter if you're on your first or hundredth playthrough, no matter if you rule or suck, no matter what you're doing with your character.

**** Blighttown.

User Info: shadowsofdawn

shadowsofdawn
4 years ago#23
akechi419 posted...
I see where everyone is coming from but having the master key at start was fun. I went straight to blighttown to get my ninja gear, died a few times but thats what bonfires are for. Also you can get 2 firekeeper souls at start that way. Which means more potent flasks to heal.

Sounds like that wasn't your first character, or you used a bunch of guides on your first playthrough.
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||

User Info: zyrax2301

zyrax2301
4 years ago#24
I'm against it on first playthroughs. Everyone should go through the Depths and Upper Blight Town on their first run.
Why? Because **** you is why.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Master Key opinion

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived