Demon's Souls vs Dark Souls?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Demon's Souls vs Dark Souls?

User Info: Zennou

Zennou
4 years ago#21
Patriarch105 posted...
I'm not seeing much in the way of these games being different except for some very minor things.

The only major difference is that Demon's Souls has a world hub and "levels." Dark Souls is a 'whole' explorable world very reminiscent of Super Metroid.

User Info: Ryphis_Demeanor

Ryphis_Demeanor
4 years ago#22
I did not like Dark Souls as much at first. I actually quit about a month into playing it because the Capra Demon was a pretty cheap fight and I felt the graphics had taken a hit and the world was intimidatingly huge. I finally jumped back into a year later and I didn't touch the wiki or a faq until far after I had rung the second bell and realized I would be missing a lot of the game without some more info. Demon's Souls on the other hand I managed to make it up to the very end before I finally started exploring the wiki and understanding world tendency. Sometimes when you love a game so much you kind of reject the sequel for a while because you understood the old game so much. Dark Souls has surpassed the Demon's and although I do prefer the setting and graphic style of the first game, the online, covenants, and huge world to explore and master make it a better game overall.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Demon's Souls vs Dark Souls?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived