I'm not really sure what everyone likes about this game so much...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. I'm not really sure what everyone likes about this game so much...

User Info: moodyjm2

moodyjm2
4 years ago#41
haha I can't believe people are posting serious responses.
GT: DragonSoundxSG
Official Moonlight Greatsword of the Dark Souls Board

User Info: Zennou

Zennou
4 years ago#42
EWGF posted...
Aspergers/10 posts.
In 2011+2 (?).

Trusting a guy named Zipperbars and and anyone who recommends Recommended games: Guild Wars 2/Skyrim/Arkham City/Brutal Legend. Pls go frown syndrome.

All of those games except Brutal Legend are good. You shut your filthy internet fingers.

User Info: EWGF

EWGF
4 years ago#43
Zennou posted...
All of those games except Brutal Legend are good. You shut your filthy internet fingers.

lklellleoollwahhahahha!

1. Arkham City = Unfocused Arkham Asylum with more constant samey locales, forgettable bosses, worse pacing, etc. Sucks, because I wanted it to be good. I loved AA... it's one of my favorite neo-AAA games.

2. Any MMORPG ever being good, ever... and not some crappy carrot-dangling snoozefest. GW2 with it's particularly bad terrible objective-PvP/leveling.
The constant circlejerk leading up to release about amazing PvP/gameplay being touted to be "The Second Coming of the MMO" ended up backfiring horribly when what everyone got on release day was a title only remarkable because it was so average.
It became The Blunder of 2012. Terrible/pointless rotations with zero depth, weapon-based skills, etc. There's so much wrong in GW2 it's hard to think of what they did right.
Did you even play it? I managed to get a couple characters to like 20 before I stopped playing. Maybe it gets good after 100 hours or something.

- TES
- Ever good.

Pick one.
Just confirmed yourself for knowing nothing bout gaems. Where do I start? FPV melee? Terrible 3PV? Proclivity combat mechanics making the game behave randomly? Can't move in relation to an opponent? No Dodge (it wouldn't matter regardless)? Broken trees like Alchemy/Smithing? 3 leveling stats? Terrible story/dialogue delivered by rigid plank-like NPCs?

Or the worse offender of all: the ability to move, while attacking.

Look at Devil May Cry, Dark Souls, Fighting Games, Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising. What is something these games associated with fun/reactive combat have in common?

- Your movement is restricted while attacking.

You must properly judge distance and timing in these games. It's a simple principal of depth. Some moves can move you, but typically it's an aimed direction, or with a very limited range of motion, or some restriction is imposed in one way or another.

When you have movement-heavy primary attacking you end up with a very slippery game. This is bi-product of PC designers that have never played a Streetfighter game making an ARPG with a combat system that feels well over a decade dated.
TES has terrible rollerderby-like melee that really just makes the game borderline unplayable.
Instead of making a proper 3rd person view, and proper swing animations that acknowledge spacing, and removing the ability to move-while-swinging... they actually kicked their fans in the nuts by acknowledging their shortcomings: they removed dodge!

They acknowledge it's a useless mechanic in this game, and took it out as one final blow to any RPG player that had ever hoped for a TES game that had not god awful combat.
Soulcraft Science.
PSN: E-W-G-F
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. I'm not really sure what everyone likes about this game so much...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived