Do u think dark souls was a unfinshed game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Do u think dark souls was a unfinshed game?

User Info: LegoTechnic

LegoTechnic
4 years ago#11
Demon's Souls, a finished game? If you think that, then I don't think you actually played it. Or did you just completely forget about the 6th archstone leading to the Land of the Giants? I mean, really?

But aside from that you need to remember that the Demon's Souls version Atlus ported over was the 1.04 patched version. That means four patches had already hit the Japanese DeS before the west even saw its port of the game, with many of these patches addressing fairly critical glitch, bug, and PvP issues. This wasn't the case with Dark Souls, as its western port has been more or less on the heels of its eastern predecessor and mirroring its patches as it goes.

Do I think Dark Souls was unfinished? No. I believe things were cut out to make time considering early promotional movies included giant spiked balls swinging around as pressure plate traps and Marvellous Chester is included in the Limited Edition's artbook, but I don't believe they released the game in a less finished state than intended, and certainly no worse for wear than Demon's Souls.
Bane even prayed for Dick when he became Batman. -- Frostbite_Zero

User Info: Fo_lc_us

Fo_lc_us
4 years ago#12
It's missing some stuff they wanted to put in, but if they hadn't said so people would consider it finished.

When you play the game without knowing they wanted to add more, it feels pretty complete.
GT: remShotz
Speakeasy member.

User Info: zyrax2301

zyrax2301
4 years ago#13
LegoTechnic posted...
Demon's Souls, a finished game? If you think that, then I don't think you actually played it. Or did you just completely forget about the 6th archstone leading to the Land of the Giants? I mean, really?

Ya rly

That's part of the story guy, the colourless fog started in the land of the giants and after the other races failed to repel the demons that archstone was broken to try and keep it contained there.
Why? Because **** you is why.

User Info: brandonford

brandonford
4 years ago#14
But wasn't Oolacile always on the disk?

The download was only 100kbs so I was assuming it was granting me access to something that was already written in the disk.

I'm not some tech guy so I'm probably wrong here.
PSN Odinson31

User Info: marioparty17

marioparty17
4 years ago#15
brandonford posted...

The download was only 100kbs so I was assuming it was granting me access to something that was already written in the disk.

during the 1.06 patch it was added in, remember the 250mb update.
3DS FC 2535-3692-1887 PSN : MARIOPARTY17
He covered from head to toe in weaponary, like a rainbow apocalypses - Viridi Goddess of Nature from KI:U

User Info: brandonford

brandonford
4 years ago#16
marioparty17 posted...
brandonford posted...

during the 1.06 patch it was added in, remember the 250mb update.

Oh yeah, forgot about that...
PSN Odinson31

User Info: Shankis

Shankis
4 years ago#17
zyrax2301 posted...
a rly

That's part of the story guy, the colourless fog started in the land of the giants and after the other races failed to repel the demons that archstone was broken to try and keep it contained there.

Except you were actually supposed to be able to go there but it was cut. Just like the final area of the game.
I eat stickers all the time, dude.
(message deleted)

User Info: DignatoReRaised

DignatoReRaised
4 years ago#19
Impaired Medic posted...
zyrax2301 posted...
a rly

Except you were actually supposed to be able to go there but it was cut. Just like the final area of the game.

Do you have a source for this?
PSN: DignatoRR || Pawn: Skarid - Ranger - Level 30 and rising

User Info: SGDonZ

SGDonZ
4 years ago#20
Sometimes. Many things in the game is copy/paste from Demon's Souls, Animations, Sound effects, Enemy A.I & so on. I find that kinda lazy to a point but maybe they just didn't have the time for it. But it didn't bother me much since i played Dark Souls first hehe. So it was all new to me. But i can imagine that the people who played Demon's Souls first think's this way. But not everything about reusing things is bad. It is a ''spiritual successor'' afterall, & i'm praying to the gaming gods that Patches will make another return in DkSII. And this time, i'm prepared for his tressure traps!! xD

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vg/image/1337/01/1337017831458.jpg

Haha!
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Do u think dark souls was a unfinshed game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived