Pyromancy for a certain boss fight (spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Pyromancy for a certain boss fight (spoilers)

User Info: chevalianknight

chevalianknight
4 years ago#1
I am getting annihilated by Ornstein and Simough. I have managed to do significant damage to the Dragon Slayer but being walloped by the other guy. I have teleported back to Sen's Fortress. I think I need to start training in Pyromancy and then find my way back to the top.
A true knight, will forsake egoism and humiliate oneself with knighthood.
Its only when weve lost everything, then we are free to do anything.--Tyler Durden

User Info: d3dsight

d3dsight
4 years ago#2
You'll hear Smough's laugh in your dreams.

chevalianknight
4 years ago#3
Any good strategies to beat them? I know that I am able to search topics and do other things for information.
Its only when weve lost everything, then we are free to do anything.--Tyler Durden

User Info: ozdude182

ozdude182
4 years ago#4
summon help to take their focus off you. either be strong enough to tank and block damage or fast on ur feet and dodge the fatty.
Kicking Ass Taking Names

User Info: meralonne

meralonne
4 years ago#5
'Tis true that they no likey pyro.
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife

User Info: d3dsight

d3dsight
4 years ago#6
chevalianknight posted...
Any good strategies to beat them? I know that I am able to search topics and do other things for information.

A good general tip is to use the broken pillars as cover. Works well regardless of what weapons/playstyle you're using.

chevalianknight
4 years ago#7
Thank you. The pillar strategy seems to be working. I slaughtered Onstein. I got killed by Smough because I tried to snipe him with my arrows. I am going to try again.

chevalianknight
4 years ago#8
Smough's rushing hammer attack...how do you roll out of the way or successfully dodge the attack?

chevalianknight
4 years ago#9
I defeated both of them...thank you so much for your help. The pillar strategy is genius. I kept a safe distance, having my shield up at all times. I kept striking once, using the reach of the halberd, backing up and blocking all of his shots. When he did his thunderous belly flop, I immediately back up. I kept striking him as he tried to stand up straight.

User Info: Dark_Stormer

Dark_Stormer
4 years ago#10
Dragonhead4lifebruh
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Pyromancy for a certain boss fight (spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived