Is Dark Souls a gateway game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Is Dark Souls a gateway game?

User Info: SolidKnight

SolidKnight
4 years ago#1
Is Dark Souls a gateway game that can lead gamers to more hardcore games?

User Info: BombayNugz

BombayNugz
4 years ago#2
This is as hardcore as it gets brah.
Go Big Red 10-3 bruh
PSN: BOMBAYNUGZ420; Pawn: Faith

User Info: AuronDF

AuronDF
4 years ago#3
Yes. It has been classified as a Schedule I controlled substance in the U.S.
"You said it yourself, Kain - there are only two sides to your coin..." -Raziel
http://implicateevolution.com

User Info: ZoosIVXX

ZoosIVXX
4 years ago#4
Well that depends on what really defines a hardcore game.
PSN:ZoosIVXX

User Info: Pizzaro11

Pizzaro11
4 years ago#5
I used to play softcore games like Final Fantasy when I was younger, but that all changed when I got Demon Souls. I wish it had ended there, but Dark Souls came out and I played that too. Now all I do is power on my NES and play Contra with my eyes closed... The Souls games ruined my life.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/boredlord-1289/hero/29647436

User Info: Mr_Bankercat

Mr_Bankercat
4 years ago#6
Pizzaro11 posted...
I used to play softcore games like Final Fantasy when I was younger, but that all changed when I got Demon Souls. I wish it had ended there, but Dark Souls came out and I played that too. Now all I do is power on my NES and play Contra with my eyes closed... The Souls games ruined my life.

Same, man. I was hooked on FarmVille and Cafe Panic, but then I popped this is and have been hooked. I've been importing obscure JRPGS I didn't even know existed, and speed running MGS games on European Extreme while upside down.
---

User Info: LegoTechnic

LegoTechnic
4 years ago#7
It is a gateway game only in that you may feel completely unsastified with other games by result.
Bane even prayed for Dick when he became Batman. -- Frostbite_Zero

User Info: Chao_Yun

Chao_Yun
4 years ago#8
Mr_Bankercat posted...
Pizzaro11 posted...

Same, man. I was hooked on FarmVille and Cafe Panic, but then I popped this is and have been hooked. I've been importing obscure JRPGS I didn't even know existed, and speed running MGS games on European Extreme while upside down.
---

Back in the day, I could finish Contra on one man (spreadshot). Those days are over. I stick with softcore stuff as a rule, but this was a little nice wake me up.
Forest trees are greener.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Is Dark Souls a gateway game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived